News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Has my Restore from Backup failed

Started by Frobisher, January 25, 2017, 10:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't know what you want to do.  The 123-19 database is damaged, the TiffyBoy_ prefix is missing at least one table.  It works using smf_ prefix.  There are at least three forum installs (I added a fourth), and two databases, one of which has two sets of tables.

- Which is your original production database? 

- In which directory do you want the forum to end up? 

Quote from: Frobisher on January 26, 2017, 04:54:01 PM
You were lucky to get in because I have had it disabled on and off over the past two/three days.

Luck has nothing to do with it. ;)  I have access to your database, so I enabled immediate registration, registered, set it back to admin approval, and made myself admin.  I can fix the forum any way you like, just need to know how you want it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Frobisher

Hi,

cust-mysql-123-19    S34Forum - New Forum (Damaged)
cust-mysql-123-20    TiffyBoy - Original Production Database

I would like TiffyBoy left as is. This is the one you did a clean install of 2.0.13.
I think it would be wise on my part abandon the New Forum.

I will delete all the files associated with the New Forum at the weekend.

Thanks for your time.

Norman
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Sir Osis of Liver

The clean install I created at /forum is connected to the 123-20 database, and includes your attachments and custom agreement.txt.  Seems to be working fine.  If you want to move it to a different directory, that's easily done.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Frobisher

Sir Osis,

Was busy Friday and Saturday with non-related Forum problems but have spent some time on my Forum issue.

Using the Database that you updated (cust-mysql-123-20), I have managed to modify Settings.php to get
everything pointing to the correct place with what I was trying to achieve. So I now have root/tiffyforum/forum/
working as well as root/forum/ working.

I still have a problem will something else and that is htaccess but that is not an SMF problem.

May move my forum root/tiffyforum/forum to tiffy_34/forum and if that is successful then I will see if it has fix
the issue that I am having will htaccess. Although I have had some success in the past using htaccess it
appears to be a magic art ::)

May ask for help if I screw-up the move that I am thinking of doing that is to tiffy_34/forum.

Many thanks, Norman
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Frobisher

OK, having fixed my Forum only to have Google Chrome (aided by me) break it, I have fixed it again.

In a nutshell, all of the original Forum data is there and only one Website login (not the Forum login) is required.

I will remind viewers that when a user clicks on a link to get to my Website, it requires a Username / Password to be entered.
With my earlier incarnation of the Forum, when a user clicked on the Forum link they were required to enter the same Username / Password again to display the Forum Login Page. With my very latest (and repaired) version of the Forum a user logs into the Website by using their credentials. From the Website they can click on a Forum link and they will be transported to the Forum Login Page without the requirement to enter their credentials again. Tested in Firefox & Chrome Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer 11 :)

Will leave open for a day or so for people to comment if they wish.

Norman
Windows 10 | SMF 2.0.13

Advertisement: