News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help with download 2.0.13

Started by SSEN29, January 26, 2017, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSEN29

Hello I recently uploaded the mod Downloads 2.0.13 to my site how ever the image on the menu bar is missing and also I am trying to edit the downloads to my liking if anyone can help me please that would be great if you need to see my site just in case.

my site is simcityspeaks.us

thanks hope to hear from someone

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

It looks like you just need to use whatever module you used to make those menu icons to create one for the downloads module, I am familiar with one menu icon module but it looks different from the one you are using, and it also looks as if you have manipulated the main menu considerably using that module... I'd be happy to help you fix it but I'll need admin access to do so...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

SSEN29

If you join the site I can make you admin let me know when registered I could use the help on editing the Downloads too its kinda messed up.

SSEN29

you would go to the account settings of my profile and change the primary membergroup to admin, also, I normally charge for this type of service, but let me see what you have there it seems like the menu part of it may be just a simple fix that I can do for free this time around, we'll talk about payment for other stuff after I have a look see
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Steve

Be careful about who you offer admin status to. Bob has been around awhile and seems to know what he's doing so I'd trust him myself. My point is that you don't know him from Adam yet you offered him admin status right away. Just be cautious in the future.

As for your last question, go to the member's profile -> Modify Profile -> Account Settings -> use the dropdown box to select the admin membergroup. Edit: ninja'd!
DO NOT pm me for support!

SSEN29

My host is buys at the moment ill have to wait I use free host cause that's what I can only afford right now lol.

Quote from: SSEN29 on January 26, 2017, 02:11:20 PM
My host is buys at the moment ill have to wait I use free host cause that's what I can only afford right now lol.

Steve is absolutely right, be careful who you grant admin access to, don't worry about paying me for the menu icon fix, but you have several things that need attention there... a free host explains the slow response times i see...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Shambles

Quote from: SSEN29
.. I recently uploaded the mod Downloads 2.0.13 to my site ..

Is that the real name & version of the mod? I can't find it on the mod site. Just wondering, as the mod should have its own support thread, where the question may have already been answered. You never know.

lurkalot

Quote from: Shambles on January 26, 2017, 02:26:28 PM

Is that the real name & version of the mod? I can't find it on the mod site. Just wondering, as the mod should have its own support thread, where the question may have already been answered. You never know.

Think it's this one, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=992

It may be that the menu icons are built into the functionality of the theme you have installed? I can still help with that for free, and also show you how to change the logo at the top of every page...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Quote from: lurkalot on January 26, 2017, 02:36:30 PM
Quote from: Shambles on January 26, 2017, 02:26:28 PM

Think it's this one, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=992

I doubt whether this particular issue he is experiencing is addressed in a support thread for the module, whichever one it is, the problem is not with the module itself.

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

lurkalot

Just find yourself a suitable icon, crop it to the right dimensions  175 x 69 pixels

And then upload it to here, /Themes/theme_info/images/english/

SSEN29

I can not seem to figure out how to make anyone admin in this case this is actually my first time with simple Machines I use to use icyboards

If you click on my profile name, bperry921, it will take you to my summary page, from there is a sub-menu, choose Account and it will take you to a screen where it will give you some options, the one that says something about membergroups should be the one, that option should give you a list of all your membergroups, choose administrator and go to bottom of page and save it
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

SSEN29

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

SSEN29

SSEN29

Bob Perry messaged you again on my site with FTP access.

SSEN29

Thanks for the help for those that help me on my site if I have any more questions ill be sure to use the forums.

Advertisement: