SMF Development > Applied or Declined Requests

Recurring Events for SMF Calendar

(1/5) > >>

keyrocks:
It's been some time since this topic was discussed. It came up as a suggestion back in 2011 and again in 2013. Here's one of those 2011 discussions as a reference.

From that, there was talk of removing the Calendar from SMF and offering it as an add-on or plug-in.
Question - has anything been done in that direction? I ask as I haven't been on this Forum for a few years, and am still running a site using SMF 2.0.2 ... and my Users have been bugging me for a few months to get Recurring Events working with the Calendar.

Any insights would be most appreciated.

vbgamer45:
Nothing recent the last one I seen on a mod is http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=655

Steve:
Which is waaaaay out of date of course.

d3vcho(void):
I think something like that has been included for SMF 2.1. Not sure though.

And by the way, why are you still using SMF 2.0.2? You're 11 versions below the current one... I recommend you to upgrade ASAP.

keyrocks:

--- Quote from: d3vcho on January 28, 2017, 04:41:01 AM ---And by the way, why are you still using SMF 2.0.2? You're 11 versions below the current one... I recommend you to upgrade ASAP.

--- End quote ---

Good question. I haven't upgraded it for a few reasons:

* It's been running fine without a hitch,
* It's behind a firewall,
* It's running several mods, some of which I added manually a few years back, and I don't want to mess them up.

--- Quote from: d3vcho on January 28, 2017, 04:41:01 AM ---I think something like that has been included for SMF 2.1. Not sure though.

--- End quote ---

It appears 2.1 is still not ready for prime time, though perhaps I'll install it on my offline server and check it out.
EDIT: SMF 2.1 Beta2 installed. Its Calendar is still the same as it is in 2.0.2 - no recurring events.

--- Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 27, 2017, 04:29:27 PM ---Nothing recent the last one I seen on a mod is http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=655

--- End quote ---

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried doing the manual mods for the later version of that mod (2520 but no luck ... too far out of date to apply with SMF 2.0.2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version