News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Stars / forum rankings

Started by landyvlad, January 30, 2017, 01:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I'm starting a new thread because this one http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=547513.0 went way OT. :)

I am using responsive curve thread and I understand where and how to change the 'stars' (ensure they are in the right directory etc)

I don't like the 'blocks' that are default for responsive curve.  Where can I find alternatives?

Could I just make my own custom ones? I presume so, but if so what format and size do they need to be?

Thanks
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kindred

You can use whatever you like...  put the image files in the images directory and call their names in the board settings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

It may be obvious but Kindred typo'ed 'put'. You may want to keep the sizes relatively close to what the defaults are so your images fit on all themes.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

Cheers for that.

It appears that I would need to change the setting in every member category?  Newbie, Jr Member, full member etc ?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

landyvlad

Quote from: Kindred on January 30, 2017, 08:10:01 PM
Yes

Thanks.
A most succinct reply.
I see that, unlike my response, you are avoiding a loquacious approach.   :laugh:

Steve

A man of few words, our Kindred. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

landyvlad

Further to this does anyone know of good collections of alternative 'stars' graphics ? (save me making some)
I did see this thread:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=15622.msg131231#msg131231  but much of the content seems to have disappeared over the many intervening years. :(

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on February 27, 2017, 10:40:39 PM
Further to this does anyone know of good collections of alternative 'stars' graphics ? (save me making some)
I use the FamFamFam Silk icons extensively on my forums (this set has some stars) but you may also find what you want in the Fugue Icons
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

landyvlad

Thanks mate.

I checked those links but "These arent the stars your looking for. Go about your business"(apolgies to Mr Lucas).'

I just after some stars of the same size as the standard forum 'stars' but umm, star shaped  :laugh:

Need 4 colours eg red green blue yellow as per standard ideally.

Kindred

maybe these will be good?

I honestly can not remember where I got these from.... I've have had them for years
Слaва
Украинi

landyvlad

Perfect Kindred, Thank you !!!!!!

Advertisement: