Unchangeable Titles

Started by SirLouen, January 31, 2017, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirLouen

It is possible to make titles unchangeable except for Mods/Admins?

Illori

not by default, you would need a mod for that. i dont know if one already exists or not.

br360

Steve

It looks like you'll have to emulate to get it to install (at least, on my nearly vanilla system) and you may want to read the support thread as there are some issues.
DO NOT pm me for support!

SirLouen

Quote from: br360 on January 31, 2017, 02:32:07 PM
This one should do what you are looking for- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2045

Looks awesome, but as Steve says, it does not permit install by default
What do you mean by emulating?

Steve

SirLouen

Ok, I've tested the extension, but it doesnt do what I need: I can still change the first message topic.
This extension blocks editing the message topic on replies only for non moderators, which is really great, but not the functionality I've expected  :'(

Still looking for something

Kindred

why would you not what the user to be able to change the title of the thread/first message?
What if they make a misspelling or grammatical mistake and want to fix it?

Can you present a specific use case as to what you are trying to accomplish? Maybe we can suggest something appropriate?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SirLouen

For example in certain forums I add some marks to the topics

Lets say:
The topic starts
I want to buy a bike

I check it and then I add
[OK] I want to buy a bike

From that moment I don't want the user to delete that [OK] manual tag I added to the topic

Then afterwards if the topic is relevant lets say I add
[OK][AW] I want to buy a bike

And I keep adding some tags to that topic. I need visual tags without going into the topic to check them all from the topic list, and that was the best method I found ATM.

I'm open to see new alternatives to this

Steve

There is a prefix mod but that still won't achieve what you're looking to do.

SirLouen

Quote from: Steve on February 01, 2017, 01:31:45 PM
There is a prefix mod but that still won't achieve what you're looking to do.

I supposed so.

QuoteWhat if they make a misspelling or grammatical mistake and want to fix it?

I was thinking on the mod that locks the Topic on reply, so unless you post with a grammatical mistake and immediately someone replies, you might have time to double check it, an repair the error.
It's like locking editing of the forum messages, but just for the topic.

Gluz

I'm not 100% sure, but the Prefix MOD has a pretty great set of permissions, maybe could set that to only Admin and Mods cam set the Prefixes, the users only will see them but cannot modify from the Thread.

Steve

That would be the one. I still don't think it will do what you want as far as not allowing members to change the subject line. You can select who can use prefixes but I doubt it does the rest.

SirLouen

Quote from: Steve on February 02, 2017, 09:49:25 AM
That would be the one. I still don't think it will do what you want as far as not allowing members to change the subject line. You can select who can use prefixes but I doubt it does the rest.

It is half perfect, it does exactly what I need, but for 1 thing: I cannot put more than one prefix

landyvlad

Quote from: SirLouen on February 02, 2017, 01:19:30 PM
It is half perfect, it does exactly what I need, but for 1 thing: I cannot put more than one prefix

I was about  to say as much. I find it perfect though :)
I don't think there are too many people who would want multiple prefixes.

Perhaps contact the mod author via the support thread for that mod and see if they are considering making any updates whereby multiple prefixes might be possible?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: