Can not log out

Started by flashsteam, February 03, 2017, 10:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flashsteam

Hi I'm having problem where I can not logout. This problem just showed up the other day. I have to login twice with my forum also the last post will not show up. When I close the window is the only way to log out. All the other tabs work fine but when I hit the logout tab, it does nothing. Now when I logged on this forum everything works fine, I go to logout here everything works like it should.

Illori

are you the only person effected?

flashsteam

flashsteam

If I use firefox the problem is not there. Like I said I do not see the problem when I use this forum with IE

Illori

are you using a custom theme? if so try using the default curve theme and see if you can duplicate the issue there.

flashsteam

Ok will try that, I am using a custom theme

flashsteam

I selected the curve them but the home page stays on the custom theme

I'm getting this error when I tried to login after the change

"You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings."

flashsteam

I still wont log out with the curve theme I get this error

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

flashsteam

It reverts back to the old theme

flashsteam

I got the curve theme to stick but I have to hit the logout tab twice, and I get this error

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again"

flashsteam

I think switching themes has fixed my problem. Things starting working right with the curve theme then I was able use my custom theme and things look good, thanks for your help

Linkjay

In the future Flash,

When you post here, please make sure you try and keep the posting down to a minimum. The modify tool exists for a reason and helps a lot for readability and makes whatever information you're trying to express much easier to understand. The staff here might also consider that spam so you could be looking at potential punishments down the line if you continue doing that...
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Steve

Linkjay - Most of his back-to-back posts couldn't have been combined due to the time limit on modifying one's post. When it's done in a support thread suggesting the modify function is valid in some cases but I can't personally see how it can be considered spam as long as the posts relate to the problem at hand. And you really should leave the warnings to the support team. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

flashsteam

I finally figured out how solve this issue. I tried the theme thing and it didn't work after the theme was switched back. I have a developer working for me. He basically said im crazy as he cant verify it,,, "cant logout problem"

I did some research  and considered the repair setting tool. But I also recommending to reset cookies.

So I pleated to this guy "just do something.

""""""""""""""""""""""
[2/2/2017 10:36:42 PM] Jeremy: It just happened all the sudden, im thinking well I will just use another computer, same thing
[2/2/2017 10:37:31 PM] Ninja: I could rename cookies again, but it'd be useless and I'd annoy everyone by logging everyone out once more
[2/2/2017 10:37:59 PM] Ninja: And I know it's useless because as soon as you log out, the cookie is destroyed (or eaten, if you prefer, lol)
[2/2/2017 10:39:11 PM] Jeremy: dont worry about loggin people out
[2/3/2017 3:02:56 PM] Jeremy: Hey can you run the "repair settings" tool,  also can you reset forum cookies
[2/4/2017 1:30:31 PM] Jeremy: I dont know what happened but the forum seems fine now
[2/4/2017 3:40:46 PM] Ninja: I renamed the cookies but neither that or repair settings have anything to deal with that...
[2/4/2017 3:50:26 PM | Edited 3:50:51 PM] Jeremy: Well its working right now, thanks
[7:33:03 PM] Jeremy: Hi when I was looking into fixing that, It did mention renaming cookies.
====================================

Advertisement: