News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error log full with error messages

Started by engrz, February 04, 2017, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

engrz

Hello Team

My forum is full with error logs since yesterday when i un-install Simple audio video embedder mod to upgrade it, but now it is not installed as im unable to install it due to errors.

my error log full with errors in few seconds, error screenshot is attached below.

my forum is http://www.engrz.org

lurkalot

Dzonny

The error is because you're missing language strings, and there's some code from that mod left in the files. Did you had errors during uninstall process for this mod reported?

You may want to search for this code and remove it from ./Sources/Admin.php file:

'mediapro' => array(
'title' => $txt['mediapro_admin'],
'permission' => array('admin_forum'),
'areas' => array(
'mediapro' => array(
'label' => $txt['mediapro_settings'],
'file' => 'AutoEmbedMediaPro2.php',
'function' => 'MediaProMain',
'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=mediapro;sa=settings;sesc=' . $sc,
'icon' => 'server.gif',
'subsections' => array(
'settings' => array($txt['mediapro_settings']),
'copyright' => array($txt['mediapro_copyremove']),
),
),

),
),

Also, you should seek for support in mods support topic instead, as lurkalot suggested :)

engrz

Quote from: Dzonny on February 04, 2017, 05:46:40 AM
The error is because you're missing language strings, and there's some code from that mod left in the files. Did you had errors during uninstall process for this mod reported?

You may want to search for this code and remove it from ./Sources/Admin.php file:

'mediapro' => array(
'title' => $txt['mediapro_admin'],
'areas' => array(
'mediapro' => array(
'label' => $txt['mediapro_settings'],
'file' => 'AutoEmbedMediaPro2.php',
'function' => 'MediaProMain',
'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=mediapro;sa=settings;sesc=' . $sc,
'icon' => 'server.gif',
'subsections' => array(
'settings' => array($txt['mediapro_settings']),
'copyright' => array($txt['mediapro_copyremove']),
),
),

),
),

Also, you should seek for support in mods support topic instead, as lurkalot suggested :)

i had tried to remove this but my admin panel goes offline, this is not working.

Illori

then you need to post in the mods support topic.

Kindred

besides... you can not edit source files from the admin panel *(and you should not be editing template files from there, either)

You have to use FTP or your hosting file manager....

As always -- when you have errors during a mod install or uninstall - if you continue, despite the errors, you ARE going to encounter problems. (I swear we have told you that before)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on February 04, 2017, 08:11:41 AM
besides... you can not edit source files from the admin panel *(and you should not be editing template files from there, either)

he does not say he edited it from the admin panel, but that he cant access the admin panel now due to an error.

Steve

Quote from: engrz on February 04, 2017, 06:39:19 AMi had tried to remove this but my admin panel goes offline

I would have thought the same as Kindred due to the wording here. ;)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dzonny

Like Kindred suggested you should use mods support topic, and most likely manually go through the codes and uninstall mod related stuff that is left in the code after uninstall.

engrz

Quote from: Kindred on February 04, 2017, 08:11:41 AM

You have to use FTP or your hosting file manager....

As always -- when you have errors during a mod install or uninstall - if you continue, despite the errors, you ARE going to encounter problems. (I swear we have told you that before)

I have used ftp to edit file, but when i deleted the suggested code, my admin panel goes offline.

secondly when i uninstalled the mod, there was no any error, i un-installed it successfully, i just uninstall it because the new version of that mod was available, so i tried to install new mod, but tests goes fails so i didnt forced it.
then again i tried to install the same older version but again test failed in the older version. so i leaved it here. but when i goes to error logs i found hundreds of logs in one day.

still facing logs, but i dont know how to resolve this issue.

Illori

Quote from: Illori on February 04, 2017, 06:44:14 AM

then you need to post in the mods support topic.

as we have said several times in this topic you need to post in the mods support topic to get further assistance with this issue.

engrz

unable to resolve the error, what to do?

Kindred

1- Did you fix the errors that you were having BEFORE attempting to reinstall the mod?
           if not, then reinstalling will just cause further issues. 
RESOLVE THE EXISTING PROBLEMS FIRST!

2- Did you even read what we have typed before?
            problems with a mod should be asked in the support topic dedicated to supporting that mod.
3- Did you read the FAQ?
             http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

The answer to all three of your questions will be "no" because it always is here.

engrz

Quote from: Kindred on March 02, 2017, 08:43:44 AM
1- Did you fix the errors that you were having BEFORE attempting to reinstall the mod?
           if not, then reinstalling will just cause further issues. 
RESOLVE THE EXISTING PROBLEMS FIRST!

2- Did you even read what we have typed before?
            problems with a mod should be asked in the support topic dedicated to supporting that mod.
3- Did you read the FAQ?
             http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

1. I have tried to fix the error, but when i followed the instruction my admin panel disappears, i can see anything.
2. i posted in support mod, he said forcely install the old mod. if im forcely installing, again my forum gives error.
3. yes i read SMF FAQ..

Arantor

Except you didn't follow what the FAQ said, or what the mod author said, or did them incorrectly, because you need to manually make the changes - correctly. If the changes are made correctly, the admin panel works as expected and there aren't errors.

engrz

Quote from: Arantor on March 04, 2017, 02:44:53 AM
Except you didn't follow what the FAQ said, or what the mod author said, or did them incorrectly, because you need to manually make the changes - correctly. If the changes are made correctly, the admin panel works as expected and there aren't errors.

but im not familar with coding, so how can i modify it manually?

Arantor

The usual two choices are either to learn or to find someone to do it for you.

engrz

Quote from: Arantor on March 04, 2017, 05:48:47 AM
The usual two choices are either to learn or to find someone to do it for you.

the second choice,... can you do it for me?  :) :)

Arantor

I do not have the patience to fix your problems, nor could you afford my professional consulting rate these days.

engrz

Quote from: Arantor on March 06, 2017, 02:38:55 AM
I do not have the patience to fix your problems, nor could you afford my professional consulting rate these days.

wow, too expensive...

Arantor

Last consulting job I did, the bill to the client from our company was $12,000 USD. This was a four day job for me, on my own.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: