News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can you get theme from admin panel?

Started by Ray., February 07, 2017, 03:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray.

So I was wondering can I get my forum theme from my admin panel, because I have no access to my ftp server.

Thanks.

Linkjay

I assume you are talking about uploading new themes. In that case, download the theme file from the customize site and then navigate to Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and layout -> Manage and install then just go to the "Install a new theme" block.

If that isn't what you mean, just click around in there and you should find whatever else you need theme related.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Ray.

No, I'm asking if I can download my current forum theme from my admin panel.

Linkjay

Quote from: Ray. on February 07, 2017, 03:41:30 AM
No, I'm asking if I can download my current forum theme from my admin panel.

From what I looked through, no. AFAIK, your only option is to download it via FTP.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Shambles

You can download the template & css files but nothing more.

Ray.

Illori

why are you wanting to download the theme in the first place?

Ray.

Quote from: Illori on February 07, 2017, 05:13:34 AM
why are you wanting to download the theme in the first place?

Becouse I have no access to my ftp server and I need to transfer it to another forum.

Illori

then what you trying to do will really not work. is the theme not found on the theme site here? if you were able to download the files and use the theme any mods applied to it would make it fail to work correctly on any other forum.

Ray.

Quote from: Illori on February 07, 2017, 05:22:15 AM
then what you trying to do will really not work. is the theme not found on the theme site here? if you were able to download the files and use the theme any mods applied to it would make it fail to work correctly on any other forum.

Mods are Ok, the theme is an edit of Zone99 and I simply want to download the folder and transfer it over

Shambles

Well, since you can edit the template & css files from the Admin panel, you can copy them to your local system.

Ray.

Quote from: Shambles on February 07, 2017, 05:34:22 AM
Well, since you can edit the template & css files from the Admin panel, you can copy them to your local system.

Yes, it's a little bit harder since it's divided into sections, but i'll give it a go.

Illori

that is a premium theme from dzinerstudio, you really should not be using it on any other site due to the license it comes with when it was paid for. even though dzinerstudio does not exist does not mean you cant be told to remove the theme as you did not pay for it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Sir Osis smells a Rat.  If it's your forum, you should have access to your host file manager, as well as ftp.  If it's not your forum, why are you trying to hijack a customized premium theme? 

Just curious. ;)
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ray.

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 07, 2017, 04:42:42 PM
Sir Osis smells a Rat.  If it's your forum, you should have access to your host file manager, as well as ftp.  If it's not your forum, why are you trying to hijack a customized premium theme?

I simply don't have access to that ftp server, so I was just wondering. Anyways topic solved.

Advertisement: