News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Conversions and Membergroups

Started by RFD, February 15, 2017, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFD

when i convert/migrate phpBB3 to SMF2, the users come over to the "post count based groups". 

in my case, that's nearly 4000 forum users, and i have them all in a post count group titled "Forum".

i created a "regular group" titled "Guest".

i do not want the vast majority of users to be subjected to post counts and i want their title to be "Guest". 

i could just make all the users in the post count group "Guest", but then when link some members to "TMA Member" status, their title becomes both "TMA Member" AND "Guest" - i can't have that!

how can i quickly move or link all the "Forum" users to the new "Guest" title? 

d3vcho

Does the "Guest" membergroup have any special permission? If you, you just could rename it and make a post count based membergroups named "Guest".
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

RFD

if all the converted users are set to "Guest", when i add specific members to the "TMA Member" group, their posting title shows both groups - i don't want the "Guest" group to show on posts ... please see attachment.

RFD

Illori

Quote from: Illori on February 08, 2017, 07:57:52 AM
rename the newbie group to free forum members, this will make sure everyone is in that group if you want it to be "public" knowledge, then follow http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Administration_-_Can_I_hide_my_%22newbie%22_status and create your other groups. then add the users to the correct primary group.

this was answered for you in the prior topic you opened on this issue.

RFD

interesting ... when i first made the test group change for one ember, and with the 'hide groups' enacted, i still saw both groups showing for that member. 

now i don't.

guess it was my bad, sorry ... but glad it's all ok!

thank you!

Advertisement: