You should be able to pm or at least reply to a pm as a newbie

Started by Rosss, February 15, 2017, 09:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosss

I'm not sure the post count that makes it so you can pm, I got 10 post count and still couldn't. (I think a few of those posts were removed? Maybe because they weren't quality posts lmao).

In my opinion allow anyone to pm but limit the pm's per hour a bit more, or maybe mod the site to allow 1pm per personal message they have received if they are not up to the correct post count yet.

IDK just a suggestion, it's really just a minor nuisance haha

Illori

you dont have 10 posts so you dont fall in the group that can send PMs. you need 10 good posts, if they are not quality posts we do hold the right to delete them at any time.

we do have a limit per hour but it did not solve the issue of users spamming users via PM so we had to take other measures.

d3vcho

Just for you to know, some of your posts were actually deleted because *most* of them were useless, you were bumping kinda old topics with not useful replies.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Rosss

Quote from: d3vcho on February 15, 2017, 10:07:31 AM
Just for you to know, some of your posts were actually deleted because *most* of them were useless, you were bumping kinda old topics with not useful replies.
Yes, i know. It was just frustrating that i had no means to contact people who already pm'd me about something

SleePy

We are working on some adjustments to membergroups to help curve PM spam that occurs.  You should be able to send PMs now while we work on these adjustments.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Linkjay

You're also only one post away from achieving the basic rank too. It's not very hard to get at least 10 meaningful posts on this forum...
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Advertisement: