How to remove thread icons.

Started by Tridz, February 19, 2017, 06:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tridz

Hello I want to remove thread icons from my forum what should I do?

Kindred

you will have to edit messageIndex.template.php

it is not actually a simple, one place edit, either....  since the header of the table and the content rows are generated in two different places in the code...  and the table column widths will have to be modified as well.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Yeah but none of that is actually difficult. Why not just tell them how to do it? And I bet (haven't tested it yet) you could do it just with some CSS tweaks. Basically, display: none; on the th:first-child and on the td first and second.

Kindred

I don't think CSS will work correctly, given the table nature...

as to whym because I write most often from mobile these days, so I can't break out the code just like that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gluz

CSS will work, but I don't know if it will affect some other parts of the forum, ex. Admin Panel.

The code is very simple if the OP want to use it, just at the end of the /Themes/your_theme/css/index.php
.first_th, .icon1, .icon2 {
    display: none;
}

chrishicks

Tridz

Thanks everyone will try them all.
Also why is that post verification so hard. The letters are so small I cant read them sometimes.

br360

The verification can be a pain but it does go away after 10 posts. Hang in there ;)

Advertisement: