News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: SMF 1.1.x incompatibility with recent PHP versions (PHP5.5+)

Started by Bazino, February 21, 2017, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazino

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 17, 2016, 02:41:49 PM
1.1.x will work fine on  php 5.5
Here is a quick change to fix all notices.

open index.php change

error_reporting(E_ALL);

To

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE);

open ssi.php
Change

$ssi_error_reporting = error_reporting(E_ALL);

To

$ssi_error_reporting = error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE);

Hey!

First of all, thank you very much for trying to help people who don't want to upgrade to 2.+ due to heavy customization.

Today unfortunately and against my demands (at first, then later begging), my stupid provider has upgraded my webspace to 5.5 and I can't go back, they simply deleted everything below 5.5.

I was soooo much hoping, that I would skid by with the help you provided here, but now I have a problem:

QuoteFatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 82767645 bytes) in /www/htdocs/xxxxxxx/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1843

This is all I get instead of my forums :-(

Any ideas?

Kindred

Split the topic since this is unrelated to the php switch.

You need to check with your host....  however, if they have updated php, then you will need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.13 anyway...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bazino

Quote from: Kindred on February 21, 2017, 02:13:35 PM
Split the topic since this is unrelated to the php switch.

You need to check with your host....  however, if they have updated php, then you will need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.13 anyway...

I don't understand.
The topic was about people having forums on php versions below 5.5 and with the change to 5.5 on their webspace should have been able to still run the forum with the quoted changes?
Are you telling me that's not the case, even tho ppl have posted that their forums still work after such a change?

Kindred

What vbgamer suggested does not STOP the errors, it just HIDES the error messages.

Also, your issue is completely unrelated to those error messages.

Running out of memory is a host-side issue and they should be able to tell you what is causing it.

That being said, SMF 1.1.x is not getting any further updates and only minimal support at this point. It is at the end of its life. You (and everyone) should upgrade to 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Attach your Sources/Subs.php file i can see what it is getting stuck on that line.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bazino

vbgamer45

It looks like autolinks setting using up memory
I disabled it try this file for now
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bazino

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 21, 2017, 02:38:15 PM
It looks like autolinks setting using up memory
I disabled it try this file for now

Well it did help for sure... just not enough it seems... damn.

Now I run out of time...

QuoteFatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /www/htdocs/v104793/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 2507

EDIT: Is there a way to kill the whole error-logging? I'd guess that would free up a lot of time?

vbgamer45

script time can be done on a hosting level in php.ini try this subs.php file disables parse bbc code might give you time to fix stuff

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bazino

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 21, 2017, 03:21:04 PM
script time can be done on a hosting level in php.ini try this subs.php file disables parse bbc code might give you time to fix stuff

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, you are my hero now!

Thank you SOOOO much!!!

First I'm gonna try to get rid of a few mods to save space, then maybe I can keep running this old piece until September and then I'm gonna close it anyways.

Advertisement: