News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Issue with spam bots and spam posts

Started by SSEN29, February 24, 2017, 08:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSEN29

Yes I am recently having issues with some spam bots and spam posts from fake users I was wondering if this can be fixed in the admin area if so can anyone tell me were and how to fix this issue please would be great and I hope I posted this in the proper section.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SSEN29

this has worked I think I added in Security questions on registration also added email activation so this should stop those spam bots now.

Steve

Security questions will go a long way to preventing the problem. Take a look here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=531660.msg3776163#msg3776163

A base of 20 to 30 questions with 3 or 4 being required to answer will drop your spam bot registrations to nil, or close to it.

Marking solved . If you have any other questions, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: