[2.0.13] Once board subscriptions are turned off they can't be turned on anymore

Started by gothbert, March 02, 2017, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothbert

SMF 2.0.13

I go to Profile > Ignore Boards and check some boards that should be ignored.
Press [change profile]
I do not receive e-mail notifications any more for new topics in the ignored boards. That is expected.

I go to Profile > Ignore Boards and uncheck the previously ignored boards.
Press [change profile]
I still do not receive e-mail notifications for new topics in the previously ignored boards. That is wrong.

Steve

Where are these 'Ignore Boards' options? I'm not seeing them in Profile anywhere. Is it a mod?

Edit: I found it here but not on either of my own two installations.
DO NOT pm me for support!

lntit

Quote from: Steve on March 02, 2017, 06:02:25 PM
... Is it a mod?
It's a built in feature. :)

Edit: The Edits :P :P :P

Steve

I saw his image so my question is, is it a built-in function of 2.0.13 or is it just here that has it?

Edit: well, I'll be dipped. I didn't know there was a setting to enable that ability. Now I can go test it. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

gothbert

Quote from: Steve on March 02, 2017, 06:09:51 PM
I saw his image so my question is, is it a built-in function of 2.0.13 or is it just here that has it?

Edit: well, I'll be dipped. I didn't know there was a setting to enable that ability. Now I can go test it. :P

Thank you Steve. Please let me know how to cooperate. I can gain access to the database to check the settings there, if required.

gothbert

Linkjay

Quote from: Steve on March 02, 2017, 06:02:25 PM
Edit: I found it here but not on either of my own two installations.

That's odd. I know this is a feature and I use it here. I ignored all of the non-english support boards here because I clearly can't help there. :P

I had the "Ignore Boards Options" thing on one of my forums installations and not on the other. They are both running 2.0.13 too. Only difference is, the one without the ignore boards thing was upgraded from older versions of SMF and the other started at 2.0.13. Is it possible those are the issues?
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Illori

Quote from: Linkjay on May 06, 2017, 03:52:45 PM
Only difference is, the one without the ignore boards thing was upgraded from older versions of SMF and the other started at 2.0.13. Is it possible those are the issues?
no one has the feature enabled to ignore boards and the other does not.

Linkjay

Quote from: Illori on May 06, 2017, 04:18:41 PM
Quote from: Linkjay on May 06, 2017, 03:52:45 PM
Only difference is, the one without the ignore boards thing was upgraded from older versions of SMF and the other started at 2.0.13. Is it possible those are the issues?
no one has the feature enabled to ignore boards and the other does not.

Ah, yes. I see this now.

Under admin -> forum -> boards -> settings, there is a setting to allow boards to be ignored. I tested it on my other site and I now have the ability to ignore boards.

Thanks, Illori.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

shawnb61

Confirmed this works fine.  It must have been fixed in a previous release.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: