News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Checkboxes and Selection missing

Started by Griffinit, March 04, 2017, 01:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffinit

SMF 2.0.11

No check boxes are showing anywhere so I cannot select anything.

Quote from: Arantor on July 26, 2014, 02:13:55 PM
It's usually a per user thing, as it's the option in Profile > Look and Layout at the bottom for showing quick moderation as checkboxes.

There is a way in the bowels of the admin panel to reset that, from Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Member Options but it's not the easiest of things to use.

I have done both of these and saved the settings. I still have no checkboxes.

I am logged in as Admin.

How can I do any functions where checkboxes are required? NOTE there's no way of "selecting" items either, even when the action is something like "delete selected".

What is going on?

Arantor

That would suggest your theme removes them - they should be visible in the default theme.

Steve

If you don't have the problem in the default theme, you need to patch your site up to 2.0.13 as soon as possible.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

If you are using large text in IE, checkboxes will be offscreen right with no scrollbar in some windows.  Same may happen in other browsers, but I don't use other browsers.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Griffinit

Answer: Need to widen screen to see them, no scroll bar. Have to be virtually full screen width. Very annoying. Thanks Sir Osis of Liver - am using Firefox, so not just IE.

Sir Osis of Liver

This is a longstanding problem, should be a way to fix it.  Will post for devs and see if anyone picks it up.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: