News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Seperate Unread PMs

Started by dougiefresh, March 09, 2017, 09:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrishicks

Ok, I decided to just take a whirl at installing both this and Separate Unread PMs with installing this one first. This mod seemed to install just fine but I didn't send/retrieve/fully test but there were no errors in the logs when at least visiting my PM box. There were 2 "errors" that were ignored but they weren't flagged as a "don't install this mod!!" kind of flag. Looking at the code shown I'm guessing it is related to the attachments mod so I just ran with it.

My issue came when I installed the Separate mod next. Again there were no errors during install but I completely lost access to my Inbox. The link was still there but when clicking it I just got stuck in Sent. Outbox was just a clone of Sent as well. I also lost 1 sent message that was unread. It was just gone because Outbox was mirroring Sent. I start looking at the edits and all seemed alright but since I was getting pressed for time I decided to just uninstall it and mess with it another time. When I went to uninstall however it failed telling me there were errors. I didn't do any other installs between installing and uninstalling so I just opened up that file in my browser and found the failed edit and I didn't see an issue as to why it would fail. It was exactly the same that the uninstall was calling for. I just went ahead with removing it and then made that manual change afterwards.

I head back to my PM box and I still don't have access to my inbox. The Outbox is gone but I'm stuck in Sent no matter what I try. I go ahead and uninstall the Edit mod and everything is back to normal or at least looks that way. Now through this entire time there was never a single error in the log and everything appears to be working just as it was prior to installing the 2 mods so I'm not sure what went wrong but for me something did somewhere but when I have a good few hours to mess around with it I'll try installing them both again and see what happens. Worse case I break something and I just have to upload the original files from a backup which I almost thought I was going to be doing yesterday after that first failure during uninstall. 

dougiefresh

Quote from: chrishicks on March 31, 2017, 09:48:12 AM
Ok, I decided to just take a whirl at installing both this and Separate Unread PMs with installing this one first.
I'm going to assume you intended to post in the Search Sent PM mod thread, since you posted in the Separate Unread PMs mod thread....

This mod seemed to install just fine but I didn't send/retrieve/fully test but there were no errors in the logs when at least visiting my PM box. There were 2 "errors" that were ignored but they weren't flagged as a "don't install this mod!!" kind of flag. Looking at the code shown I'm guessing it is related to the attachments mod so I just ran with it.

My issue came when I installed the Separate mod next. Again there were no errors during install but I completely lost access to my Inbox. The link was still there but when clicking it I just got stuck in Sent. Outbox was just a clone of Sent as well. I also lost 1 sent message that was unread. It was just gone because Outbox was mirroring Sent. I start looking at the edits and all seemed alright but since I was getting pressed for time I decided to just uninstall it and mess with it another time. When I went to uninstall however it failed telling me there were errors. I didn't do any other installs between installing and uninstalling so I just opened up that file in my browser and found the failed edit and I didn't see an issue as to why it would fail. It was exactly the same that the uninstall was calling for. I just went ahead with removing it and then made that manual change afterwards.

I head back to my PM box and I still don't have access to my inbox. The Outbox is gone but I'm stuck in Sent no matter what I try. I go ahead and uninstall the Edit mod and everything is back to normal or at least looks that way. Now through this entire time there was never a single error in the log and everything appears to be working just as it was prior to installing the 2 mods so I'm not sure what went wrong but for me something did somewhere but when I have a good few hours to mess around with it I'll try installing them both again and see what happens. Worse case I break something and I just have to upload the original files from a backup which I almost thought I was going to be doing yesterday after that first failure during uninstall. 
Attach your PersonalMessage.php and I'll try to fix it.....

EDIT:  I can confirm that the Separate Unread PMs mod is not the culprit here.  The Separate Unread PMs mod and the Search Sent PMs mod are not compatible with each other at this moment.  I am working to resolve this issue....

chrishicks

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 31, 2017, 10:03:14 AM
Ok, I decided to just take a whirl at installing both this and Separate Unread PMs with installing this one first.
I'm going to assume you intended to post in the Search Sent PM mod thread, since you posted in the Separate Unread PMs mod thread....

Whoops. I was talking about the Edit Unread PMs and this mod. I got the 2 topics/mods mixed up so I can see where it was pretty confusing. Sorry about that. I never attempted to install the Search PMs yet.

Let me try this again. I installed Edit Unread PMs first and everything was fine. No errors in logs, etc. however I didn't actually test to see if things worked 100%. I never really have with any of your mods because they always just worked for me. I did have the newly added links(edit/unsend) so I figured everything was fine. I hit the logs again and still no errors after navigating around my PM box.

Then I installed this mod(Separate Unread PMs). That's where things went bad and is what I was talking about in my post above. Once Separate Unread PMs was installed I lost access to my inbox. I would click it and would just stay stuck in my sent folder. The outbox folder was exactly the same. I had 2 sent but unread messages and those were both just gone. They weren't in sent or in outbox. I started checking the code edits one by one but decided to uninstall for the time being and that's when it errored out. I manually made the change for the error(it was only one) and carried on. Went back to my inbox and I still couldn't access it. It was the same as it was with Separate Unread PMs installed. I go ahead and uninstall Edit Unread and everything is back to normal.

I didn't get any errors for either mod during install other than the aforementioned 2 that seemed related to the Post and PM Attachments mod which said ignore error when I installed Edit Unread PMs. My installation was pretty much:

1. install Edit Unread PMs
2. navigate PM box - both inbox/sent work
3. check for errors after
4. install Separate Unread PMs
5. go to inbox and can't get it
6. check for errors and see none
7. decide to uninstall Separate Unread and get an error
8. proceed and manually fix error after
9. inbox still broken
10. no errors in logs at all
11. uninstall Edit Unread PMs
12. everything works again

zorer

Hi! i installed this mod in a smf 2.0.14 and works great, anyway is possible to add this feature?

Actually we have this:
Outbox when you click then you see the msgs to send

What about this?
OutBox(2) >Number of msg ready to read

Phpbb PM uses this way

Thanks!

GL700Wing

I've just discovered an issue with this mod - it references a column in the personal_messages table that doesn't exist - error message is:
Database Error: Unknown column 'pmr.is_read' in 'where clause'

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM smf_personal_messages
WHERE id_member_from = 2252
AND deleted_by_sender = 0
AND pmr.is_read > 0
AND id_pm > 73783
File: ./Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 595

I've confirmed that the current mod installation does not create this column so to address the issue I've manually added a column to the personal_messages table with the following attributes:
name = is_read
type = tinyint
size = 3
unsigned = true
default = 0
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.4 - July 5th, 2017
o Fixed database query error in Sources\PersonalMessages.php.  Thanks, GL700Wing!!!

@GL700Wing:  This update should take care of the bug report you reported!  Thanks again!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.5 - July 7th, 2017
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.6 - August 4th, 2017
o Made changes for compatibilty with Search Sent PMs.

TheEngineer

Good morning! 

In my upgrade from a (very) outdated version of SMF to 2.0.15, I needed to remove Enhanced PM System.  This appears to provide most of the functionality we loved about the old mod.  I'm getting an error when trying to install the mod though:

Code: (Find) [Select]
WHERE ' . ($context['folder'] == 'sent' ? 'pm.id_member_from = {raw:current_member}

Code: (Replace) [Select]
WHERE ' . ($context['sup_folder'] ? 'pm.id_member_from = {raw:current_member}
AND pmr.is_read ' . ($context['folder'] == 'sent' ? '>' : '=') . '0

Could you please advise?  Thanks!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.7 - January 11th, 2018
o Added support for SMF 2.0.15.

@TheEngineer:  This update should resolve the install problem with SMF 2.0.15.  Thank you for reporting this bug!

TheEngineer

-Rock Lee-

I think I have to approach the branch 2.1 to be able to follow the step :P I hope it serves you.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.8 - February 21th, 2018
o Added Spanish Latin translation by Rock Lee.

@Rock Lee:  Thanks for the translation!  It's been included in this version!

chyyyone

Before I installed this mod everything seemed to work great with your Better Messages Menu. I installed this mod a few days ago and I'm not receiving any errors but I don't know if it's conflicting with your Better Messages Menu because I got a PM yesterday. I read it and all was fine. I logged in this morning and got the popup saying I had a PM but it was the same one I received last night. In the drop down menu it remained showing I had 2 messages in my inbox. I knew the only mod I had installed was the Separate Unread PM's so once I uninstalled it I no longer got I had 2 messages in my inbox showing on the drop down menu. I don't know if it's a problem with one of your mods but thought I should let you know what I experienced. I haven't reinstalled this mod yet. I really liked it though.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.9 - October 15th, 2018
o No functionality change.
o Updated documentation to point to new website.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.10 - June 19th, 2019[/u]
o Added support for SMF 2.1 RC 2.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.

@chyyyone:  I'm sorry your bug report went unanswered for so long.  I'll take a look into it....

Dave J

Hi Dougie

Could we have an update for 2.1.1 please?
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Advertisement: