News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

vBulletin 3.0.6 to SMF 1.0.5

Started by MrLeN, September 14, 2005, 07:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrLeN

I have be en searching this site for days for information on how to convert vBulletin 3.0.6 to SMF 1.0.5 but I can't find any. The 3.0 converter doesn't work. It does some tables, but then has a coronary.

Does anyone know how I can convert my board?

Maybe I can find another forum that converts vBulletin 3.06 to "it", and then convert "it" to SMF?

Ben_S

What happens when it stops?

You might try using the 1.1 convertor to convert to SMF 1.1, see the sticky in this board.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

MrLeN

How can I convert to 1.1 when 1.0.5 is the latest version? Where can I get 1.1? I've looked at the download page, and only 1.0.5 is available, other than upgrade downloads. Do I have to install 1.1, then upgrade to 1.0.5?

MrLeN

redone

MrLeN

Also mate, I think you'd better slow down on the coffee :)

MrLeN

MrLeN

Hey, what happened to the email users function??

I have my board converted. http://www.newezone.com/forums

..but some of the admin functions seem to be missing

MrLeN

[Unknown]

Newsletters.  Many things are in different places, you'll have to look around a bit.

-[Unknown]

MrLeN

Oh, okies - phew. I found it :)

I was starting to think that this beta release was missing some stuff!

Now MKPortal doesn't work lol. I don't usually like using betas, but it's the only way I could get my vB moved over. I have to move my vB over, because newezone will be the master forum for my network of 12 websites. I have to move all the databases into newezone's SMF now. Still trying to work out how lol. But I'll get there.

I guess I'll have to upgrade all the forums to 1.1. Hmm, I have to get MK Portal working first. Man this is gonna be one huge database. 12 forums and 12 MK Portals, all in one database. I think my web host is gonna have words with me.

Now I can't find where I can change the default registration settings. I need to change everyone so that they can go to the "post" after submit, not the category. I'll just keep looking.

Thanks.

MrLeN

Oldiesmann

Admin -> Current Theme
Click on "Reset Options"
First, click on "Reset default (guest) options for this theme" under "SMF Default Theme"
Check the box next to "Return to topics after posting by default" and click "Save"
Next, go back to the current theme's settings
Click on "Reset all member's current options for this theme"
Select "Change" next to "Return to topics after posting by default"
Check the box next to that same option
Click on "Save"
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MrLeN

Thanks mate, I have it all sorted now :)

Yep - 'tis all there!

Never doubted it for a second :D

Now I have my forums running with MKPortal.

Now I have to get back to getting my other sites amalgamated somehow.

MrLeN

Oldiesmann

I don't recommend trying to merge boards, as it's a pain to do and has to be done very carefully to avoid losing information...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MrLeN

But I've wanted to have my forums running with one username and pasword for years :(

It's all I've wanted.

I've tried every single forum software online, and I can't find anyone that makes forum software that will allow you to install many forums with one username and password.

I already know it's a pain. I've been trying for a week with no luck, but I don't want to give up. Since no one makes such software anywhere online, I have to try and figure it out.

Really, I honestly find it difficult to believe that there are SO many people asking for this online and no one is providing it. If I knew how I'd start right now.

Whoever makes the first forum that easily allows people to install multiple board under multiple domains, with a single user password will take 95% of the forum user communty almost overnight.

MrLeN

Oldiesmann

I apologize. I misunderstood you and thought that you wanted to merge several boards into one (ie take two seperate boards and import all the data from one board into the other one without losing the existing data in the first board).

Sharing member accounts across several boards is pretty easy to do, assuming they're all running on the same server. Check out http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16190.0 for more info.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: