"Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first" doesn't work

Started by tjrpcaft, March 14, 2017, 12:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjrpcaft

Hi,

In 2.0.13, in menu "Profile / Modify Profile / Look and Layout", the option "Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first" doesn't work.

I've tested it by creating 4 sub-boards, one inside the other and so on, and the one immediatly below always shows up inside the current board I visit.

Kindred

That is correct. I think you have misunderstood what the option does... SMF only shows one level deep.

That option only shows the next level of child board, but shows it on every page of the parent board, rather than on just the first page
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3vcho

That function is supposed to display the sub-boards of each boards on every page of that board. Bit difficult to explain heh,

But imagine you've got a board called "Games", and a sub-board called "Consoles". This sub-board will appear above the message index on every page of the board Games. So if you have more than a page of topics in Games, Consoles will be still displayed above.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

tjrpcaft

Well, I understand what you both said, but that's not the issue.
The issue is that when I disable that option, the sub-boards are still visible inside the board above, but that should happen only in the first board.

I've created 4 sub-boards, each one a child from the previous.

And when I enter the first one, I see the link of the child board; if I click on this, I see the other child board link as well, and so on.

And this happens whether I check or uncheck the feature in:
menu "Profile / Modify Profile / Look and Layout", option "Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first"

Illori

that is because you have child boards of the child boards, that is how it works. if a child board exists it will show on the first page of the message listing of the parent board.

tjrpcaft

Quote from: Illori on March 15, 2017, 07:30:14 AM
that is because you have child boards of the child boards, that is how it works. if a child board exists it will show on the first page of the message listing of the parent board.

Now, I'm confused ::)
So, what is the difference between having that option enabled or disabled?

Illori

if it is enabled, EVERY page that lists messages will list the child boards on top.

Steve

For example, here's what it looks like with that box unchecked (the first image is page 1 of the topic list, the second is page 2):

If you check the box, this is what page 2 looks like:

DO NOT pm me for support!

tjrpcaft

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: