Re: Integrating SMF with my website doesn't work

Started by Zyra, March 16, 2017, 08:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zyra

Quote from: Kindred on February 25, 2016, 10:46:26 AM
oh... is that all?

I thought that you were trying to integrate your forum theme into your main site...

Use the Global headers and Footers mod... :)

Hello kindred,

I actually want to put php into there and use the includes function exemple: <?php include(includes/header); ?>

if this topic has been solved elsewhere I would be happy to hear the solution :)

kind regards,

Kindred

In the future, please start your own support topic, do not hijack someone else's thread, since your issue may very well have a different solution.

Tha being said, have you tried the global header and footers mod?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Zyra

Excuse me for that.

Yeps I used the mod and there is no way to insert php or even css inthere.

Zyra

Hello could anyone help me on this one please, I am sure that the answer to this shouldn't be to hard for some of you guys out here...

Embedding other forums into my website have never been a problem simply by editing header.php, template.php, footer.php and .css files..

But as the functionalies of those other forums are much less then smf I really want to get smf working to get benefits of those extra functionalities that smf is offering.

kind regards

Steve

Please don't bump your thread within 24 hours. We're all volunteers here and we all have different areas of expertise. Someone who can help you will be along as soon as they can. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Zyra

Kindred

Well, I mean, you can edit your theme's index.template.php to include the header...  but you'll have to be careful not to conflict with css names, and get it displaying nicely within the theme, etc
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: