News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New Forum Built- Then the Database deleted

Started by Siirist, March 19, 2017, 12:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Greetings,

About 5 hours ago I set up a new forum, including adding the categories and the new boards and some posts.

About 2 hours ago the database got deleted.

Will Repair_Settings.php fix this?

I anxiously await your reply.

Be Well,
Siirist

EDIT: If it makes a difference, the original database was created using Postgre SQL, and the new database I created is MySQL.

Edited to remove font size. ~ Steve
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Linkjay

Can you please edit it to be normal font size and color? That is quite annoying...

Anyways, is it possible anyone with access to the server could have deleted it with malicious intent or just accidentally? Can you try and contact the host and ask for some logs and/or maybe a backup? If your database is physically deleted, repair_settings will not fix it. You said you created a new database, I am assuming you put in the new details if they actually changed?
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Siirist

Quote from: Linkjay on March 19, 2017, 01:16:35 AM
Can you please edit it to be normal font size and color? That is quite annoying...
Thought that blue was a calming color.
My vision is off a bit, so I went from 12pt to 14pt. Sorry if it's a little much for you.

Anyways, is it possible anyone with access to the server could have deleted it with malicious intent or just accidentally?
It was accidental.

Can you try and contact the host and ask for some logs and/or maybe a backup?
There wasn't enough time between creation and deletion for an automatic backup to occur.

If your database is physically deleted, repair_settings will not fix it. You said you created a new database, I am assuming you put in the new details if they actually changed?

I appreciate the information that the repair_settings will not fix it.
Will just upload the everything to a new folder and use the install.php to create a new forum.

Thanks again. Marking as solved.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Steve

I personally don't mind the color/font but I did edit out the size. Most of the support team uses their phones to access the site so let's keep the size at default, okay? :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

lurkalot

Quote from: Steve on March 19, 2017, 10:00:51 AM
I personally don't mind the color/font but I did edit out the size. Most of the support team uses their phones to access the site so let's keep the size at default, okay? :)

A case of, if you provide the tools, then someone will try to use them.  ;)

Advertisement: