News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

do we have the Hindi support also available in SMF.

Started by ashwani019, March 20, 2017, 07:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashwani019

Hi Guys,

is there a way in which I can have the hindi font on my forum. All the post as well as reply should be in hindi.

Thanks
regards
Ash

Irisado

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to.  There is a Hindi language pack, although it is not fully translated, but there is no Hindi Language Support board here on this forum.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

ashwani019

Hi,

thank you!! I was only referring to the Hindi Language pack...so that means that my users can post comments in Hindi and also I can design the entire forum in Hindi language...Right?

Regards

skb

I had asked the same question some time ago while setting up a poetry forum. Turns out that utf-8 does support display of the fonts. You need to have access to a keyboard which can help you type in Hindi. For instance, with an iPhone or iPad you could easily do this,

इस फ़ोरम पे आप का स्वागत है

Hope this answers your question.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

ashwani019

Quote from: skb on March 21, 2017, 05:31:31 AM
I had asked the same question some time ago while setting up a poetry forum. Turns out that utf-8 does support display of the fonts. You need to have access to a keyboard which can help you type in Hindi. For instance, with an iPhone or iPad you could easily do this,

इस फ़ोरम पे आप का स्वागत है

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you...will try doing as per your suggestion.

Advertisement: