Re: Domain change and effects on links

Started by florence000, March 24, 2017, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

florence000

Hi, everyone! :)

I have a little bit different situation but I think it is the right thread to post my question. I am helping my brother with his website. The desired domain is already registered. Any ideas what to do?

Thank you!

Kindred

1- no... that was not the right place to post
2- your question has almost nothing to do with the original post
3- the original thread was marked as solved.... 

because of all 3, please start your own posts when you have questions.

finally, to address your question:
Your question makes no sense at all...

If you have a hosting account and a domain, then install the forum
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Linkjay

If what you're trying to say is that the domain you guys want is taken by someone else, you really can't do much about that except find a new domain name.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

florence000

Thank you for your replies!  :)

What about buying a registered domain.
Good or bad?

Kindred

??

You mena purchasing a domain that someone else already owns?

I suppose that really depends very much on how much you want that specific domain and how much you are willing to pay for it.
We can't really advise you on that.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

florence000

Yes! I think it can work. Maybe someone knows how to find domain owner?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Linkjay

I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

Kindred

I know what happened.... damned phones auto-capitalize the start of a line...   and the parser doesn't accept that Http is the same as http
Слaва
Украинi

Linkjay

Quote from: Kindred on April 11, 2017, 07:33:05 PM
I know what happened.... damned phones auto-capitalize the start of a line...   and the parser doesn't accept that Http is the same as http

Ahahahaha. You would think phones nowadays would have mastered the ability to recognize links properly. :P

Arantor

It's too late by that point to correct it in most cases.

Advertisement: