News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I saw something on the SMF forum that might be a mod I would like

Started by richardwbb, April 14, 2017, 09:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardwbb

I've just posted an image from the internet and the link is http://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/1280x720_please.jpg

When I noticed the community is running with https, I also noticed no broken lock with Firefox and how is that possible. Investigating, the link in the forum post is now; 'https://www.simplemachines.org/community/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.amcnetworks.com%2Fbbcamerica.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F08%2F1280x720_please.jpg&hash=20c82cc2266f59847fe37b085a41f24d'

I suspect that had fixed this broken lock I wrote about, and and  I am interested in that modification, if that is a modification.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

Illori

it is part of SMF 2.0.14 that is in the testing phase here. once it is released and installed on your forum you will get it as well. we dont have an ETA on release but it should be soon.

richardwbb

Oh goody, yeasterday I tried the 2.0.12 update with my 2.0.11 setup. Now I have been sparse with modifications and I expect seventy percent of my hand edits are easily done by me again. I'll stop trying going to 2.0.13 [only Google reCAPTCHA saves my day here, stupid script kids and ever more stupid, the same and same domains of ISP's as a source [with OSX and Debian, haha, Squid on port 80, a webserver on port 3128 and a port 7777 that would be Oracle-something, it seems to me a botnet with a way to misuse OSX and Debian for a lack of a competent user [updates I mean]]]. For the security issues, you people are a competent group. Some things just involved php's way of chaning the name of the instruction to something like 'safe-instruction', those guys are great. And for the upgrading process, I'll start over with a 2.0.14 on a localhost. The template isn't giving me troubles there and I just need to find the time [in a lenghty session, since I did write down some stuff, but that usually is kind of hard to read back]. Somewhere I've made a 'logbook' inside smf with my 'magic code I've found/ made' and a link to the respective topic on the smf forum which will work well.

This topic has been solved. Oh wait;

There is another thing I wasn't able to find on my own; your search function is great, it is saying; search 'This topic'. I couldn't find a modification for this. I really want it because, my users complained and the regular search is giving hits in a manner that doesn't make sense. Some of our topics are thirty to fourty pages long and contain technical directions people are looking for. Those topics show in regular search usually but not high in the list and almost never, just right where one needs to be. Google is making the internet great in searching but a bit dull and commercial. Some sites are complaining about ad-blockers and to prevent a long story; back in the old days..

Oh, the 2.0.11 upgrade to 2.0.12, gave me more misses then success rates and one said 'failed test' on Admin.php;  php ' unserialize' had to become 'safe_unserialize', as I wrote, those php guys are great. It wouldn't matter, I can start over [without the mods I mean and I tackled the database updating too for that matter. However it would be great to find a working modification to get the search options the search box in this community holds. Could someone give me a hand please.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

richardwbb

I'm afraid I did try that one, but I am not sure any longer. My question has been answered. Would there be another 'search modification', that just is able to give better 'instant' results with 'users', that look for 'most visited', 'latest', 'oldest', perhaps, also, I suspect the database my forum is running has some booboo somehow, and for the users, this request has been sitting with me for years now, it might be a little hard for me to make things 'work' quickly, but that is just a feeling I have here and that is my problem.

Advertisement: