Error viewing messages after post it, it says it doen't exists

Started by MULITRI, March 26, 2017, 02:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MULITRI

Hello,

I hope i can explain correctly my problem with my short english.

I'm having a probelm with my recently finished forum board v2.0.13 fully moded.

When we started to open topics in its forums i noticed a strange thing: I was (as example) in forum ID 10 named Music, i opened a topic and after post it it brought me to my message, but the message was posted in forum ID 20 named Graphic Design.

Then i went to check every forum where the "New Topic" button will send me, and there was at least a half of them with that problem.

I have to say that we registered 4 o 5 testing users and we opened and replied to a lot of messages for testing purposes without problems, but before migrate the forum form the testing server to the new server and open it to public, i removed the testing users and all those topics and replies for testing purposes, for what those ID's where empty, now it has started from the last ID's avaliable (example... Users ID 5 to 8 were testing users, the new memebr registered has ID 9) and the same with the topics and messages.

All those forums and childboards with an ID and to write a message was sending to a different ID were removed, and created again from Admin panel, so now all the forums and childboards were sending to wirte a message to its own place, not a different one.

Bue i have started to get a problem after send the created topic or message. After send it and brings me to the message, if i try to open that message from Board Index, the message it opens, but if i enter to the Messages index of a board and i try to open the message, i got this error...

"The forum or topic doesn't exists or is out of your limits"

I'm having this probklem now in all the forums and childboards, it started for a few and/or sometimes, but now in every forums or childboard.

I made a database tables repair from server, but the problem persists, technics from the server told me that the error logs are php errors due surely for any modification.

I have found a lot of log errors in my server (there are 300 from 12:00 am lol), which i attach a few in a screenshot, and below is a list of the Mods installed in my SMF.

1. Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag 4.1 [ Desinstalar ]
2. Google Analytics Code 1.5.1 [ Desinstalar ]
3. Prevent Topic View Increase by Author 1.2 [ Desinstalar ]
4. Say Thanks 1.3.6 [ Desinstalar ]
5. VBBIS - VBulletin Board Index Style 1.9.3 [ Desinstalar ]
6. Vote polls with points 0.1.3 [ Desinstalar ]
7. SimplePortal 2.3.6 [ Desinstalar ]
8. SimpleColorizer 1.1 [ Desinstalar ]
9. Profile Comments 2.0.2 [ Desinstalar ]
10. E-Arcade 3.0 [ Desinstalar ]
11. Avatar Rounded Corners 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
12. Recount Member Posts 1.1 [ Desinstalar ]
13. Topics Created And Participated In 2.4 [ Desinstalar ]
14. Similar Topics 0.6 [ Desinstalar ]
15. RSS Feed Icon 1.1 [ Desinstalar ]
16. Recent Forum Topics Boardindex 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
17. JDALIP - Join Date And Location In Posbit 1.3.2 [ Desinstalar ]
18. Add Social Media Icons To Profiles 1.2.0 [ Desinstalar ]
19. Social Bookmarks 2.0 [ Desinstalar ]
20. Avatars in users online 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
21. Adk Recent Topics 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
22. Board Notes 1.0.8 [ Desinstalar ]
23. AvatarSelect 1.2.1 [ Desinstalar ]
24. Board Index Unread Icon Fix 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
25. Transparent Offline Avatars 1.1 [ Desinstalar ]
26. WYSIWYG Quick Reply 2.3 [ Desinstalar ]
27. SPB: Smart PostBit 1.0.3 [ Desinstalar ]
28. Member Awards 3.0 [ Desinstalar ]
29. Simple Menu Icons 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
30. Last Edit Link 2.0 [ Desinstalar ]
31. Subject length on Board Index 1.3 [ Desinstalar ]
32. Avatars on Board/MessageIndex 1.8 [ Desinstalar ]
33. Search Topic And Boards Button 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
34. Quick Spoiler 1.1 [ Desinstalar ]
35. Birthday On Register 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
36. Edit All Message Titles 0.1.1 [ Desinstalar ]
37. Country Flags 3.0 [ Desinstalar ]
38. PM to New Members 1.2 [ Desinstalar ]
39. nCode Image Resizer 1.4 [ Desinstalar ]
40. PM Quick Reply 1.4 [ Desinstalar ]
41. Welcome Back 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
42. Referrals System 3.1 [ Desinstalar ]
43. Signature Area BBCode Buttons 2.0.3 [ Desinstalar ]
44. Dynamic_Memberlist 3.0 [ Desinstalar ]
45. Board Icons 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
46. Buddies List 1.0.1 [ Desinstalar ]
47. Advanced Contact Form 1.1 [ Desinstalar ]
48. Happy Birthday 0.3 [ Desinstalar ]
49. Separate the sticky topics 1.0.1 [ Desinstalar ]
50. Tidy Child Boards 2.0 [ Desinstalar ]
51. Started By Column 1.42 [ Desinstalar ]
52. SRAVC - Separate Replies And Views Column 1.9.4 [ Desinstalar ]
53. QRR: Quick Reply Reposition 1.1.2 [ Desinstalar ]
54. Space Between Posts 2.0 [ Desinstalar ]
55. Group Color in Posts and Profile 1.4 [ Desinstalar ]
56. Enhanced PM Popup 1.0.1 [ Desinstalar ]
57. Buddies Block 1.0 [ Desinstalar ]
58. Default Avatar 2.3 [ Desinstalar ]
59. SMFPacks Shoutbox 1.0.5 [ Desinstalar ]
60. PNG Message Icons 1.3.1.1 beta [ Desinstalar ]

I hope it will be enough info for you all can help me, people is starting to come since yesterday and i'm in a problem starting like this.

Thanks in advance.

Kindred

How did you "remove" those things?  Did you do it directly in the database?  If do, then that is your issue. Don't ever do that.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MULITRI

Quote from: Kindred on March 26, 2017, 03:08:18 PM
How did you "remove" those things?  Did you do it directly in the database?  If do, then that is your issue. Don't ever do that.

I did it with the users, i have readed later after see the next user registering was not having one of those IP's which it was not recommended and usualy it does not the trick.

Kindred

ummm.... what?   I'm sorry, but that post does not make any sense in English....

how did you remove the users and posts?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MULITRI

As i said, sorry for my short english

I did remove the testing users directly from database, and a few of testings boards, then i've readed somewhere in SMF Community that it will not work removing directly from databse to reset to 0 users and messages, i have seen they were right because it did not were reset, so the others topics and boards were removed from admin panel.

I hope i have explained it better, Thank you.

P.D.: Right now, since more than 1 hour ago, we're posting and opening new topics wigthout problems, even in the boards or categories where we were having that error, and i don't know why because i didn't touch anything awaiting for help.

Kindred

Do not ever ever ever delete from the database.

The script has delete functions..  and cleans up after itself.

You are always going to have some issues now, because of the way you did it.
The issues are just masked/hidden because your usersubmitted and posts ids have now gone over the improperly deleted ids
This does not mean that your issues were fixed
Слaва
Украинi

MULITRI

Hello Kindred,

I figured that my issue is not solved, it happened again some time later.

What i tried first is to delete not necessary testing members and pots from Admin Panel, and run the maintenance tasks from the script, but it did not clean the id's of all the members and posts removed.

I know there are several tables involved with the members and their posts, so maybe i missed some and now it happens what you say.

The first new member to register did not get the first ID removed, and the same happened with the messages ID's.

So for your words, and as we're starting, maybe is better to upload the database before i made those improper deletions and make them to register again.

It will solve this the problem?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

MULITRI

MULITRI

I'm sorry for reopen this topic, but as your suggestion, i have created again the whole forum from scratch, and i still have those errors.

I have installed SMF manualy, following the install file, not using the autoinstall provided by Cpanel.

After install it, i have removed the "Welcome to SMF" message from the forum, not from the database, with the remove button placed at top of the message close to Modify.

This was obviously the message ID "1". Then i posted my first message, Forum Rules, which appeared with ID "2".

Then i installed the Skin (Anecdota 2.5) and after i started to install all the same Mods y have listed in my first message in this topic, the only difference is that i have installed SMF-Arcade instead E-Arcade.

After finish the whole installation, i started to post the guide topics for my forum..."How to this..."..."How to that...."

And in the third topic, i got again the error message "The topic you are trying to access is out of your limits or doesn't exist" trying to access it from the Messages List, from Board Index it can be accessed.

Getting this error in a fresh installation, makes me think i will get the others problems i actualy have in the forum i have online. I wanted to restart the froum this weekend, but with this error again i can't.

Is a fresh installation, i don't think to remove that default SMF welcome message will cause this problem, so when in time other messages are removed, then it will be a mess, neither i think there must to be an specific order to install Mods, etc.

I have created other SMF forums in the past, and is the first time i see this problem.

I need assistance please, Thank you.

MULITRI

I have noticed that message shows with ID "7", when it should be the ID "6", and checking the messages table, is there as ID 6.

I can't understand why it does this in a fresh install.

Kindred

what you have is no longer a "fresh" install.

So, the proper way to deal with this sort of issue is
1- install SMF (or, in this case, reset all files and hooks to remove all mods)
2- install mods, one at a time.
3- TEST POSTING BETWEEN EACH INSTALL
Слaва
Украинi

MULITRI

I did just that Kindred, i have installed a fresh SMF, i posted some messages by the case after remove the welcome to SMF topic.

I started to install those Mods more important for my forum, with each install, a dozen of messages, each one in random forums/subforums, downloading the backup after.

At the end, only to Mods left to install, not important, one it was a Recent Topic for boardindex, which i thought it was the guilty, as i had the option to use the Recent Topics coming with the Portal, i installed the last Mod... and pafff!!! It was this Mod!!

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=163

Right after install this Mod, the second message i posted and the whole database was messed up... categories id's, messages id's...

As it was not very important for my forum, is not painful to get rid of it.

I could alert the Mod's creator, but as is not updated for years, i can figure it will be unuseful to alert him.

Those comnig to read this topic at least will know what could happens it they install that Mod.

Steve

It would still be useful for you to post something in the mod's thread that says it caused you issues and put a link to this thread there. That way, anyone reading the mod's thread should be alerted, if they read anything about it before installing it. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: