People cant figure this out

Started by chatrags, March 26, 2017, 06:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatrags

People cannot figure out that they need to click on login OR register to get onto my forum.  Is it possible to add some direction on that line?  Like my example

Gary

You have language strings missing. Check to make sure that the version of SMF you're using matches to the version of the Language files themselves.

1.1 Language files wont work on 2.0 or vice versa.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Illori

also make sure your theme is for SMF 2.0 and not SMF 1.1, as an SMF 1.1 theme will have this issue.

chatrags

Thanks for the answers but I am a newbie and I did find out my version of the forum is 2.07 and the template is 1.1   isnt there some way I can add a few words where I need them?  I really like this template and dont want to redo it all  and how do you know I have files missing?

Sir Osis of Liver

There should be a 'Login' and 'Register' button in the main menu, across top of page.  If that's a 1.1 theme in a 2.0 install, you're going to have all kinds of problems.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

chatrags

Yes there is BUT apparently they arent smart enuf to click on it  and yes it is a 1.1 on a 2.0  ok will look for a different template  ty

Gary

1.1 themes are completely incompatible with 2.0, not only for the language string changes, but also because of features missing.

You're going to have to either redevelop the theme to be 2.0 compatible, or use a different one.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Steve

And you need to upgrade your forum as soon as possible. You're six versions behind and you have a number of security risks. http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: