Undefined type used in the database query. (inet:ip) - after update to Beta 3

Started by Shkic, March 31, 2017, 11:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shkic

So, update process from Beta 2 to Beta 3 went well, with no errors. But for some reason now I got error on forum:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred
Undefined type used in the database query. (inet:ip)

Can't acess even admin panel.

Tried to Google error, but no results so far.

EDIT.

Solved myself. In Settings.php need to change from:

$db_type = 'mysqli';

to

$db_type = 'mysql';

Illori

that might fix it for now, but we are moving toward mysqli, so this needs to be fixed not worked around.

Arantor

Except that in 2.1 trunk, the code simply refers to it as mysql even if it uses MySQLi.

Illori

Quote from: Arantor on March 31, 2017, 12:56:30 PM
Except that in 2.1 trunk, the code simply refers to it as mysql even if it uses MySQLi.

so then that should not have changed the error that the op is reporting?

Arantor

It would, because his install was before the change in beta 3 to do this, and specifically the code in question simply says 'if using "mysql"' it assumes it needs to do something different...

shawnb61

All mysql calls have been converted to mysqli.  There is no distinction between the two anymore.  (PR #3801 & others)
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kindred

It's actually one of the many things that may not convert correctly between beta versions...  and one of the many reasons why we don't recommend using the beta unless you know what you are doing.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shawnb61

And that beta-to-beta migrations are suspect.   They can get pretty close, but sooner or later, you gotta upgrade from 2.0 to clean everything up.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: