News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to autogenerate meta keywords in SMF?

Started by humbleworld, April 03, 2017, 06:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleworld

Hi, do you know how to modify the meta code at index php template so that the meta keywords will use either the title or first sentence of the post?

Thanks.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

digger

Quote from: humbleworld on April 03, 2017, 06:51:11 AM
Hi, do you know how to modify the meta code at index php template so that the meta keywords will use either the title or first sentence of the post?
There is no any need for meta keywords today. Search engines ignore it.

Kindred

Well, keywords, yes....  but not meta description
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Kindred

He did..  but then he also mention the title and sentence...neither of which would/should ever be used as a keyword, even when keywords were useful
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: