[2.1beta3] Bug with emojis

Started by kat★, April 03, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat★

Heyo, found a weird thing when playing around with emoji sets. (the latest github version downloaded just an hour ago)
Under Smileys and Message Icons when you click modify and set one for the default, you cannot unset it. Once you click modify again and uncheck the box and click save, nothing happens and the set remains checked with the green arrow.

[Suggestion] I would also suggest adding border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd; to the css element #likes li so that when looking at the users who liked a certain post on mobile devices, the date can't be confused for the wrong user. Kinda like a separation thing like with the unread alerts bar.

cheers, Kat
I use smf to learn to write php and css. It's pretty neat. |

Arantor

Well, you need to set something as default - once set, there must be a default. Not sure this is a bug, beyond there not being a default at the start...

kat★

Quote from: Arantor on April 03, 2017, 03:42:48 PM
Well, you need to set something as default - once set, there must be a default. Not sure this is a bug, beyond there not being a default at the start...
Problem is, one was default, I clicked another which wasn't, set that one as default, but after I clicked save, the green checkmark is on both of them. Just clicked on a third and the same thing happened. Now I have 3 marked as default which i cannot undo.

Arantor

Ahh, I see, that wasn't clear from your post. I wonder how that could happen.

kat★

Quote from: Arantor on April 03, 2017, 04:29:45 PM
Yeah sorry am not good with technical terminology and stuff...
On a sidenote tho, I see under the git milestones that Beta 3 is 100% complete, will we see an official release and the start on a release client soon (or soon™)?

RocketRonnie

Quote from: kat★ on April 03, 2017, 04:38:41 PM
Quote from: Arantor on April 03, 2017, 04:29:45 PM
Yeah sorry am not good with technical terminology and stuff...
On a sidenote tho, I see under the git milestones that Beta 3 is 100% complete, will we see an official release and the start on a release client soon (or soon™)?
Ive been following that too... Its exciting to watch these tireless devs go through all the fixes....
KUDOS to all of them... :)

landyvlad

Quote from: kat★ on April 03, 2017, 04:38:41 PM
will we see an official release and the start on a release client soon (or soon™)?

Asking about release dates for SMF 2.1 ist verboten !!!

and won't be answered, because there is no 'answer' other than the routine but accurate "It'll be done, when it's done".

:D
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: kat★ on April 03, 2017, 04:28:15 PM
Problem is, one was default, I clicked another which wasn't, set that one as default, but after I clicked save, the green checkmark is on both of them. Just clicked on a third and the same thing happened. Now I have 3 marked as default which i cannot undo.

I just tried to reproduce this, and couldn't.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

kat★

Tried to reproduce this with latest github build to no avail. Looks like there was either a problem on my end or it was fixed down the line already.
No errors now tho.

Cheers, Kat

Advertisement: