Birthday Message File Location

Started by Uhura!, April 03, 2017, 08:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

Members of my forum who share their birthday info automatically receive a birthday message. Where is this file located? I'd like to edit the message.

Thanks!

QuoteDear NAME,

We here at Parenting Community would like to wish you a happy birthday.  May this day and the year to follow be full of joy.

Regards,
The Parenting Community Team.

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Uhura! on April 03, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
Members of my forum who share their birthday info automatically receive a birthday message. Where is this file located? I'd like to edit the message.

Thanks!

QuoteDear NAME,

We here at Parenting Community would like to wish you a happy birthday.  May this day and the year to follow be full of joy.

Regards,
The Parenting Community Team.

You would edit that message in your administration menu under this sequence... Admin->Maintenance->Mail->Settings

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Steve

Actually, that just gives some choices for generic messages. You can't customize it there.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Uhura!

So, where can it be customized Steve?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Uhura! on April 03, 2017, 08:41:53 PM
So, where can it be customized Steve?

The structure of the entire emails templates and more are located in a file in the Languages directory called EmailTemplates.english.php... be extremely careful editing this file, I've seen results where its necessary to start from scratch many times to get it the way you want it to appear, its easy to mess this file up is what I'm saying, kapeesh?

And don't forget the utf8 version if you have that enabled...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Uhura!

Hey Bob, I found the file but cannot locate the birthday text.

Can you help?

Julie

Arantor

It's not in there. Try ManageMail.english.php instead.

Kiriakos GR

How about this to be possible by a new added setting in next SMF version.

Not to edit only Birthday Message, but even message when Administrator deleting a user because he did not activate his account due email verification.
I have no idea of content inside to such a message  (delete and inform the member) .

Illori

we are not adding any additional features to SMF 2.1.

Sir Osis of Liver

EmailTemplates.english.php

Look for $birthdayEmails = array(

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Illori on April 24, 2017, 05:27:39 PM
we are not adding any additional features to SMF 2.1.

Then can I ask of what is the future of SMF if 2.1. development ended?
Speaking of expectations .... does SMF going to change in to 2.2. this be further developed?

Arantor

2.1 has already had a lot of new features, it just needs to be finished.

No one knows what the plan is for 2.2 or 3.0 or what.

Dwev

Would be nice to have a possibility to edit these message when logged in as a admin, but editing the .php file doesn't seem to be a big deal for me either.

By the way, I encountered the same problem as the TS, and I think it took me 2 minutes to find this solution on this forum...   ;)

To be complete: I found the file to edit (EmailTemplates) in Themes/default/languages

Steve

Not sure why it was necesssary to revive a 7 month old topic that had already been resolved.

Marking solved and locking.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: