News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type

Started by Looking, April 04, 2017, 11:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking

Greets. There is no IPN enabled and the Paypal account is business yet when it is time for renewals this Email is sent to Admin: "Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type." with no other information. I've checked through many topics here where they voiced the same thing but nothing was clearly resolved. Please, what else could be causing this?

Sir Osis of Liver

That's a general error, could be any number of things.  Look in your error log, should be an error that includes IPN post data.  Copy it here, or pm to me, will have a look tomorrow.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

What version of SMF are you using? also double check your admin subscriptions setup parameters and make everything there is like you want it...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Looking

Sir Osis of Liver, thanks for your reply. The error logs have nothing related to subscriptions. There was an unrelated error because of the Ad Seller Pro mod but I fixed that.

Looking

We are checking on a few things, please see this issue as on hold for now. Will update this topic when I have more. Thanks.

Sir Osis of Liver

You need to be at 2.0.13.  PayPal updated security in their API, which required some changes to Paid Subs.  I believe the changes were included in the 2.0.12 or .13 patch.  If you are receiving the 'Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.' email notification, there should be a corresponding error in your error log.

- R. Waters

Looking

QuoteYou need to be at 2.0.13
Well of course, the site is already updated, however to ensure, which specific file was updated for Paypal's new requirement? subscriptions.php or subscriptions-paypal.php?

Sir Osis of Liver

Not sure, don't have time to check right now, but iirc there were some changes in Subscriptions-PayPal.php.  You could replace both files from 2.0.13 upgrade package.

- R. Waters

Looking

Greets. I've checked both files and they are the latest versions. I remember bring this up before but the "Pending Payment" issue does not seem to go away even though they have paid and there are no errors.

Sir Osis of Liver

Could be verification failure.  Upload the attached Subscriptions-PayPal.php, it has some additional error handling that's not in the core code.  Check your error log next time the problem occurs.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: