News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

import

Started by after the pair, November 04, 2005, 01:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

after the pair

Hello,  I want to import all the data from one smf board to a new smf board that I just set up at a new url.  I'm not really sure the best way to do this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?:-X

thank you

atp

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

after the pair

I got as far as this instruction:

In SMF go Admin menu -> Forum Maintenance -> Dump Database -> Dump all

I'm not seeing anything called dump database in the forum maintance menu.
I'm only seeing :

Save the table structure.
Save the table data. (the important stuff.)

Compress the file with gzip.

what do you think?

mine says powered by 1.0.5

xenovanis

Check all and click download.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

after the pair

I apologize, however, I read this instruction:

From phpMyAdmin select Import and then select browse and browse to the .SQL file you download earlier

I'm looking everywhere in phpmyadmin but I'm not seeing anything that says import...?

xenovanis

Select the database you want to restore your backup in and click the SQL tab on top of the screen.

after the pair

ok I'll try that. 

You know I don't know if this helps in my situation, but I'm not really changing servers, my old database and my new database are on the same server.  What I'm actually changing is the domain.   does this make things any easier?

xenovanis

Maybe. If your database is on the same server you probably can keep it there. Use repair_settings to fix your paths and try to connect to your existing database.

after the pair

ok.  I new here.  do you mean "repair settings" in phpmyadmin for the older MySQL database?

thanks

xenovanis

dens

hi.. thanks for the information, but i have this additional question, how could we move the custom avatar and attachments? if the sql file will be exported its the data files, how about this custom images and other attachments? when i view the images attach, the format will be like this:

10_colors1_JPGe18ae58c84296d03ff163df9755d8430.jpg

the original file is 10_colors1.jpg

pleassseeeeeeee help on this query..  :(

Advertisement: