News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

how to remove default avatar minimum dimensions?

Started by eskie, April 16, 2017, 10:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eskie

on my forum, i've set the maximum avatr dimensions to 150x150px, which is fine. but avatars that are smaller than this automatically become rezied to 150x150px, which is certainly not what i wanted.

an image below shows this: as you can see, my own avatar has been resized to fit the maxiumum dimensions, as the original imaged is actually only 20x20px so you can see this.

how can i fix this?

Linkjay

You must have changed more than the maximum size of a profile picture in the admin settings. If you just set the maximum width and height in the admin settings, it should not be behaving this way afaik.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

eskie

any idea as to what might cause this then? i'm not sure where to check, now.

Linkjay

I guess try and revert everything you did and after it reverts back to normal, just set the maximum height and width under Admin -> Forum -> Attachments and Avatars -> Avatar settings for each one you're using. (Uploadable or external avatars)

What exactly did you do to accomplish this? Did you mess with any of the code to do this? Can you link your site?
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Antechinus

This is caused by using the html resize option. It sucks, big time. Change the admin setting to use the javascript resize, which is much better.

eskie

thank you so much, antechinus!! it works perfectly, now.

Advertisement: