News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forum does not send anymore notifications by email

Started by RedPanda2013, April 17, 2017, 06:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: RedPanda2013 on April 22, 2017, 12:32:45 PM
Quote from: Kiriakos GR on April 22, 2017, 10:51:59 AM
You better pray to God for assistance,  right now you do selective use of the help that you do get from people.
I am SMF forum administrator for five long years.
I have move my forum in to three servers so far, and I did manage to solve SSL related email issues by me cooperating hand to hand with my hosting provider.   

well I have been using SMF for 5 long years too, big deal...that alone does not mean I am expert using it, far from it.

In regards to me selecting help, well I always got great help from Kindred so if he stated that you are wrong, I am sorry but I am going to trust him.

Well speaking of trust,  you better trust your web-hosting provider because he gets your money, and also he has tecnical training.

If I ever need for my self, him to require public trust as software troubleshooter, then I will demonstrate in public my degree of MCSE Windows 2000 server, among with pictures of the ratchet which I am using so to construct UTP cables, and a picture of my blue eyes.  ;D

Arantor

Question: how does knowledge of Windows 2000 relate to being able to configure mail on a Linux or remote SMTP server? (It isn't Exchange, it doesn't have Active Directory involved etc.)

Also note that my certification - Zend Certified Engineer - isn't especially relevant either even if it is a PHP certification ;)

RedPanda2013

back to the topic...should I delete all error logs in order to see if there is anything related to the mail in the new error logs?

is deleting all error logs harmess?

Thank you

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Arantor on April 22, 2017, 04:32:56 PM
Question: how does knowledge of Windows 2000 relate to being able to configure mail on a Linux or remote SMTP server? (It isn't Exchange, it doesn't have Active Directory involved etc.)

Also note that my certification - Zend Certified Engineer - isn't especially relevant either even if it is a PHP certification ;)

Thanks God, no one needs to tweak a Linux server for setting correctly SPF settings in to Advanced Zone Editor.
But neither this is a job for non trained people. 

Kindred

Kiriakos -- you really just babble without any idea what you are talking about, don't you?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: