News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Seeing Nothing But Blank Page When Installing

Started by Dave E, April 17, 2017, 09:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave E

Hi, this is the first time that I have tried to install SMF. I have (I believe) gone through the FTP upload process correctly, and done the CHMOD values (I believe) correctly (changing all files to 666 and all folders to 777. But when I type into my Chrome browser the url address asked to run the install process........

"www".mydomain.com/stuff/install.php

All I see is a blank page. Could someone please help resolve this issue, as I am not sure what I may bee doing wrong?

SMF Version : 2-0-13

PS : The directory created for the forum is named "stuff".

d3vcho

Hello!

Try 755 for directories and 644 for files. On some hosts, 777 and 666 may cause this type of errors.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Dave E

Hi there d3vcho(); and thanks very much for your reply.
I have done the suggestions that you gave and they worked as far as not seeing a blank page and being able to proceed with the installation. That looked to be going well but when I was able to go to the forum (after all the installation was complete), all I could see was/is what I have tried to attach to this post. I'm not sure why this is, maybe you can help again?

Illori

Dave E

Thank you very much Illori, when running that file, I found that several "paths" were showing hxxp:127.0.0.1/....Thankfully [nonactive] the repair file also showed the correct "paths", and I wa able to edit them. Now everything looks fine.

Advertisement: