News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

subaccounts mod

Started by eskie, April 17, 2017, 07:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eskie

i understand there is a subaccounts mod already made (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2264) but it is very outdated and does not seem to emulate to the current 2.0.12 version of smf my site has. i cannot find any other mods like this, either, unfortunately.

is there any way i can add subaccounts to my site?

Kindred

afaik, that mod works just fine on 2.0.13 (and you need to get updated to 2.0.13, not .12)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eskie

i updated to 2.0.13 and then tried again to install the mod and it gave me this error:
"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

even emulating it did not do anything.

Dzonny

Works fine if you emulate version on RC4 as far as I know, I used it recently on one of my forums. ;)

eskie

hmm, i just tried that! i might've done it wrong though bc all i typed into the emulating section was 'rc4' as i wasn't sure exactly which version that is? that didn't work for me, and also seemed to no longer support many of my other mods :^(

Dzonny

You should write "2.0 RC4" in emulating section instead, try that and it should work.

eskie

it at least gave me the option to install it now, but there are a few errors with it and tests failing. i'm not sure if it's safe to proceed to install it?

here are where there are errors in the theme i'd like to use:
Execute Modification >   ./Themes/curve_testing/index.template.php   > Test failed

Illori

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

also in the future you should really be posting in the mods support topic.

eskie

alright, i've installed it and edited some files that were not working.

everything seems to be working except for the fact that the dropdown selection to quickly switch from account to a subaccount isn't doing anything when selected.

Kindred

Mod specific questions and issues should be raised in the support topic for that mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eskie

sorry; i'm new to smf and navigating the forum always had me a tad confused.
do you mean this topic? (https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=347710.540)
if so, the only reason i didn't was due to the fact that it hadn't been responded to for 2-3 months, unfortunately :^(

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

eskie

oh, okay then. posted there.

Advertisement: