News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Guests can't view attachments even with permission set to allow

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 18, 2017, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I have a problem on one of my boards: Guests can't view attachments even with permission set to allow it. They are asked to login in order to do so.

SMF 2.0.13
Emptied cache via admin panel
Emptied unimportant logs via admin panel
Recounted board stats

Mods:
Last active on Member List
Simple Audio Video Embedder
SimplePortal
Attachments in Topics
Last Post on Member list

Works for me in Chrome and Opera since the cache/logs clear, but other guests still get the same error.

a10

Take a look in admin > reports > boards permissions, maybe an 'allow' is missing...
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Dream of Omnimaga

I just checked the reports and the allow is indeed missing. Why is it missing there when the checkbox is checked in the permission options, even after saving my changes?

Illori

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I don't remember, but I made the entire board read-only

Illori

that would be why, you cant modify the permissions on that profile. so you would need to create your own and grant the permissions you want and then assign it to the board.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wait, I completely forgot that each mode (read-only, can post anywhere and can't make topic or whatever) had their own separate sets of permissions. I'm gonna have to recreate one myself, then. Thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement: