News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

[Paid] how to fix forum.

Started by yeggmen, April 24, 2017, 03:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeggmen

We get this mesage every time we login to our forum.
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/fhr899/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Need help badly as we are losing members because of this error.

Linkjay

This should be in another section.

Can you provide your SMF version, PHP version, and attach the load.php file that is causing the error?
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

Illori

Quote from: yeggmen on April 24, 2017, 03:34:22 AM
We get this mesage every time we login to our forum.
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/fhr899/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Need help badly as we are losing members because of this error.

then you need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.13 as that error has been fixed.

Arantor

Or it is in a badly written mod, though it is likely an upgrade would fix it.

yeggmen

it all started when we received this note from the person who was managing our forum server,
" We'd like to upgrade your forum to SMF 2.0.13.
But there's a minor problem: you're using TinyPortal.

TinyPortal is no longer under active development. And I don't think there is a 2.0.x version at all.
We can switch you over to SimplePortal if you like, that does mean you'll have to make a few blocks on it to match your current site.

It looks and works roughly the same, but you'll have to add data to it again."
problem is we dont know how to go about it.

Dzonny

From which version are you upgrading to 2.0.13?
TinyPortal works nicely with SMF 2.0.13, and they have active development as far as I'm aware, they actually published patch for latest version few days ago.

Arantor

TP is still being developed and there most certainly is a 2.0 version.

lurkalot

Quote from: yeggmen on April 24, 2017, 04:46:53 PM
it all started when we received this note from the person who was managing our forum server,
But there's a minor problem: you're using TinyPortal.

TinyPortal is no longer under active development. And I don't think there is a 2.0.x version at all.
We can switch you over to SimplePortal if you like, that does mean you'll have to make a few blocks on it to match your current site.

It looks and works roughly the same, but you'll have to add data to it again."
problem is we dont know how to go about it.

Dunno why they're telling you this. TP is very much alive and well.  You can download it by clicking the banner in my signature.

Steve

Quote from: yeggmen on April 24, 2017, 04:46:53 PM

Why is whoever is managing your server the one that wants to upgrade your SMF? Are they the admin on your site as well?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: