moving first smiley in row puts 2 or 3 rows out of order on popup

Started by brynn, April 27, 2017, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I don't know if this is a bug or not, since there have been other issues which I thought would be a bug, but you said it wasn't.

I recently had been asking for help for a problem I saw when setting the order of smileys on the pop up window.  It apparently doesn't have a solution, although using a work-around helps (never move the first smiley in a row)  Here's that topic:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553245.0

I'm not sure if I need to add any further details.  Except that I have verified that moving the first smiley in at least row 3, 4 or 5, causes 2 or 3 other rows to get mixed up.  See screenshots attached to that topic.

Any questions, just ask  :)

Version(s) of SMF - 2.0.13
    Your Setup:
        List any Modifications you have installed - approx 40 mods (including Tiny Portal) can make a list if you like, just ask  (no mods affecting smileys that I know of)
        List any Themes you have installed - 10 or 12 themes, I don't know whether themes are relevant for this problem
        List any non-English Language packs you have installed - likewise, several languages, don't know if affected
        Are you using UTF-8? - not sure
        Any other related information?
        What caching level are you using? - no caching
    Server Software:
        Apache/IIS version?: Apache 2.4.25
        PHP version?: 5.6.30
        Database type and version: MySQL 5.6.35
        Any other related server information? - not sure what might be relevant, but I have a ton of server info
    Where the Error Occurred
        File:
        Line:
        Any relevant errors in the SMF error log (if so please post them)?: no errors produced in any logs
    How to Reproduce this Error?:

-- put some smileys on the popup, maybe 25 or 30 (I have approx 350 smileys on the popup)
-- go to Set Smiley Order
-- make 4 or 5 different rows, 4 or 5 smileys per row should be enough
-- move a couple of smileys that are not the first in a row, just to see it working properly
-- notice the order of the smileys, maybe make a screenshot
-- now try to move the first smiley in any rows 3, 4  or 5 (that's where it happened for me - I don't know if it happens in other rows, not for sure, but it happens every time in rows 3 and 4  (see linked topic for more details)

Thank you very much  :)

Advertisement: