News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Database restore successful accoring to phpmyadmin, but data missing

Started by themavesite, April 28, 2017, 01:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themavesite

I back up my database regularly, but decided to try and install it on my local xampp server.
Because how good is a database backup when you cannot restore it, right?

I backup through cpanel -> backups > sql > download smf database in sql format
The downloaded file then is 46MB zipped and 324MB unzipped

I then proceed to import this database into a clean smf install, this goes successfully according to phpmyadmin

And at first glance the forum looks okay, but then I notice that one board has no last post, although it should contain almost 10 000 topics: (so maybe the import wasn't successful after all?)

Some users also miss their personal text, the example below should actually say "(`・ω・´)" instead of the question marks. (character set problem?)

Do you guys have any idea what goes wrong?

EDIT: These are settings I use when I import

TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

Linkjay

Maybe it's a compatibility thing? Try exporting from phpmyadmin and restoring it on your local server and see if that works.
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

themavesite

Quote from: Linkjay on April 28, 2017, 01:55:00 AM
Maybe it's a compatibility thing? Try exporting from phpmyadmin and restoring it on your local server and see if that works.
That is exactly what I'm doing right now  ;D
TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

Kindred

For the character tjing... your old database and installation was utf8, your local one appears to not be
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: