SMF 2.0.13 upgrade issue

Started by peterkroman, April 28, 2017, 08:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterkroman

Hi,

My SMF has appearently downloaded and installed the 2.0.13 upgrade automatically.

The problem is that now I can no longer run SMF in a frame which I have done for some time, since integrating SMF into a site is a very hard thing to do.

Are you aware of this issue, and will there be a fix available for this?

And then I would have expected the new version to support php 7.0, but I see that it still supports up to php 5.6. Is there any actual roadmap for supporting php 7.0 in SMF 2.0x

Thanks in andvace.

Best regards
Peter

Steve

Php 7 will be supported in 2.0.14 which is coming very soon.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

SMF broke support for frames back in 2.0.6 or 2.0.7, I forget exactly which version I introduced this security measure into.

If you want to change it, look for the line in index.php which refers to X-Frame-Options and comment it out.

peterkroman

Thanks @Steve and @Arantor

It was a couple of very good and useful answers you could provide here - in no time :)

Thanks a lot for that.

Regards Peter

peterkroman

But @Arantor i do have one question.

I have used SMF 2.0.x for a couple of years now, and I have upgraded consecutively. So the latest version (before 2.0.13) that I used was 2.0.12.

What puzzles me is why it is just to day it stops working in a frame. It should have stoppes long time ago, if the support for this  stopped with 2.0.6 og 2.0.7 I think.

Do you, just for my curiosity, have an explanation for that too  ;D ;D

Arantor

Not off hand. I know the iframe protection came in 2.0.6 or 2.0.7 because I'm the one who put it there at the time.

Yes, it should have stopped a while ago but it depends on what browser you use; not all of them support the standard and maybe you updated browser as well.

peterkroman

OK - I have used Google Chrome all the time. But I have also switched to a brand new MacBook pro within the last week, so perhaps that is the explanation.

Steve

So if your question is resolved click the button with the pretty green words 'Mark Topic Solved'. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: