Users sporadically logged in as other users

Started by Kambei_Shimada, April 28, 2017, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

not real worried since I plan to move this forum as soon as the hosting package is renewable.

how since this is the first time I am going to move a domain that is free with package....I don't want it to get bought out from under me and IF I could do it before the server fees are due that would be great.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

But will the site behave or go away totally when doing this. As I said it is not a domain name on its own --- it comes free with her hosting package.

If the usual way of going to another host is still the same then no problem cause I do it that way all the time I have to move a site to a new host.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Sir Osis of Liver

The domain should belong to you.  You may be able to leave it with them if they have a reasonable rate for domain registration only, or you can move it to a different registrar.  IIRC, there's usually a 30 day lead time for changing registrars.  When you move the forum, you'll have to update nameservers in your domain's DNS settings to point to the new servers.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DarkAngel612

like always about the dns address changes, I know how to move them over to new host and now see that it might not mess things up prior to the hosting pakage coming due---in August

Advertisement: