News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forum has lost its mind

Started by DarkAngel612, April 29, 2017, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

SMF: 2.0.13
MODS Installed:
  1.     Sorted Package Manager Listing     1.0.2
  2.     Change All Subjects     1.3
  3.     PM Attachments     1.6
  4.     Simple Audio Video Embedder     4.0.3
  5.     Stop Spammer     2.3.9
  6.     httpBL     2.5.1
  7.     SMF Staff Page     1.7
  8.     TinyPortal     1.2
  9.     BK Modding Disable Decrease Post Count Option     3.0
10.     Advanced Contact Form     1.1
11.     Join Reason     1.5
12.     Separate the sticky topics     1.0.1
13.     Enhanced Dropdown     1.3

Link: http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php

Everything has been going along splendidly but earlier this evening started having issues.

Anyone of the members that log in are met with the getting for a different member. I just tried it several times and also the same thing, log in as me, get different member being greeted then when I click a link I get the page I linked and it is me again.

I just went to database to dump the sessions table...cleared cache form browsers/computers and Computer dns also. PC and Mac regardless of browser.

It is still doing it. I don't think we have been hacked and am going thru files, just in case.

Last resort would be to reinstall all forum files then hope that problem goes away after mods are reinstalled too.

Ideas???
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DarkAngel612

TY Sir Osis...

I did what was in the post, but they do not have that installed on our domain. I ended up though having them do what they could on their end, used repair_settings to reset the cookie name it suggested.

I also went into all my browsers and manually deleted the forums cookies from the list, ran CCleaner to do so there too, used the run command to clear the computers DNS cache then rebooted the computer.

Went to the forum and found myself logged in so I logged out, went back into cookies to get rid of the cookies for it then logged back in...refreshed about 3 times -- hard refresh---and now it seems to behave once again.

In the process I found out that Bluehost (the host for this forum) is also the host of Hostgator...I see they were having the problem too. Now if I could only get the speed back up.

I will eventually need to move this forum onto my server...as soon as I figure out how to do so since the domain name is free with the hosting packing she has....LOL If not one thing it is another...
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Arantor

Are you sure they're not using Varnish or something similar? They wouldn't necessarily tell you in cPanel.

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Arantor on April 30, 2017, 05:16:53 AM
Are you sure they're not using Varnish or something similar? They wouldn't necessarily tell you in cPanel.

Hi sweety,

According to Bluehost they said it is not installed on their end and I sure haven't installed it since I never heard of it until now. I did all of the things I mentions and it worked to make it go away BUT just now left the forum and remembered I needed to do something in admin, went back in (I like to be left logged in) and I was another member. A hard refresh made it me again but sure do not want to do that each time.

Bluehost was on phone with me for about an hour or so since they have stopped the ticket help.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DarkAngel612

TY again Sir Osis,

When I was on the phone with them they said they had also deleted all the cache on their end and temp files too for our domain. Funny how it is only affecting this one and not the other one we have, which they can't explain either.

They said it might take a bit I guess they mean like when the sites propagate type of thing.

Hope it does settle down...will try to be patient....operative word is TRY  O:)

DarkAngel612

OK, I have done everything suggested here an the other threads listed....no joy

I deleted sessions from database=worked for an hour or so then back it came

reloaded brand new files/went thru database with fine tooth comb deleting mods coding that are no longer in forum, sessions, repair/optimize and it would work for only a short time then the issue returned.

this is the latest in this saga and hope it helps:

Moved the forum directory to a "holding folder" (after picking a time when I was alone on the forum) --- this took away the forum totally. recreated all directories for it then started going thru them all and transferring the files to their new folders, checked the settings file to ensure nothing got messed up. I did find doing this that for some odd reason the cache folder got renamed, no idea when or how.

After moving its files to the new folder I went to the forum and for 2 days now it has behaved as normal. Thanks to all for their help.

Kindred

Bluehost is lying.   From other bluehost users, we KNOW that they are using varnish
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

I figured as much but am going to move the domain to my server and just need to find out if I can do so before the hosting is kaput...it is free with the hosting package.

Advertisement: