News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to change the text color of the user names?..

Started by danster, April 30, 2017, 09:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danster

Hi..!
anyone can tell me how to change the text color of the user names I used SMF 2.0.13
and i attached a screen shot for you see what i wanted to change
I want to change it from green color ( user name  = amalart99)  to another color

Thank you

Arantor

Is the colour based on the user group colour, or some other colour? If the former, there's mods for that, e.g. SimpleColorizer.

danster

Thanks Arantor,

I found it and install that mod but it's only changes the username color of the member groups but NOT changing of the users of regular members like newbie, semi newbie, jr.member .. ext so pls can you  tell me how to change it manually or there is some mod for doing it

Thank you

Steve

It does change the post-count groups as well. Read the support thread. https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=439878.0

If you go to Admin -> Membergroups -> Modify there's a line that says: Color in online list:

Just put the color in there.
DO NOT pm me for support!

danster

Thanks  Steve for responding me

Yes i try this way too but it's only changing the usernames color in the online list NOT in the profile area

I attached a screen shot for you to see what I wanted to change

Arantor

danster

Quote from: Arantor on April 30, 2017, 11:59:01 AM
Which is why you need the mod I suggested.

Yes I already installed and try that mod you suggested but it's only changing the color of Regular groups such as Administrator, Global Moderator, Moderator ... ext but NOT changed another Post count base member group such as newbie, semi newbie, jr. member, Full member.. ext so that is the broblem

Arantor

I assume that 1) you actually gave them a colour because they don't have one by default and 2) users aren't already in some other group that would override showing their post count group.

danster

Quote from: Arantor on April 30, 2017, 12:09:03 PM
I assume that 1) you actually gave them a colour because they don't have one by default and 2) users aren't already in some other group that would override showing their post count group.

Yes the users are't already in some other group showing their group of post count group so then

is post count group user name color cannot change with that mod? 

I already try it with changing the color in the online list of post count member groups but it will never changing the color of profile area only changing in the online list showing the bottom of the forum in forum starts

Arantor

Maybe that mod doesn't do it. I don't think the other mod does it either.

Mostly because it just encourages people to spam nonsense rather than good posts...

Steve

Wait a sec ... what other mod? You suggested Simple Colorizer and I just linked to it's support thread.

And it does allow you to colorize post-count based groups.

Edit: I just realized ... are you wanting the words newbie, semi newbie, etc. colorized?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Gluz

Simple Colorizer change the color of the User IF it's a link to their profiles, when you are in someones profile, their Username is not a link and doesn't add the color of the membergroup, but in posts, board index, online list, it should add the color to their usernames.

And it does change the color for post count based membergroups, I have that in my sites.

Arantor

Quote from: Steve on April 30, 2017, 01:58:03 PM
Wait a sec ... what other mod? You suggested Simple Colorizer and I just linked to it's support thread.

And it does allow you to colorize post-count based groups.

Edit: I just realized ... are you wanting the words newbie, semi newbie, etc. colorized?

Years before there was SimpleColorizer there was another mod, User Color Link I think it was called, but it's not been maintained in a while if I remember rightly and it doesn't work as cleanly as SimpleColorizer.

Advertisement: