News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Is it possible to remove check mark box

Started by Ronald_1938, April 30, 2017, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_1938

In Private Messages, is it possible to remove the check box. I would like every member who receives a PM to also get the pop up notice..

Most members never put a check mark in the box so they seldom realize they have a message..

Thanks.

Ron..

Shambles

In your theme(s) settings, configure the default for new users to set it on ("Configure guest and new user options for this theme > Show a popup when I receive new messages.")

While there, change the setting for existing members to force it on ("Change current options for all members using this theme > Show a popup when I receive new messages.")

Anyone who then changes that default in their PM settings obviously knows it's there, and retains the choice of a popup.

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Shambles on April 30, 2017, 02:37:13 PM
In your theme(s) settings, configure the default for new users to set it on ("Configure guest and new user options for this theme > Show a popup when I receive new messages.")

While there, change the setting for existing members to force it on ("Change current options for all members using this theme > Show a popup when I receive new messages.")

Anyone who then changes that default in their PM settings obviously knows it's there, and retains the choice of a popup.

Thanks Shambles. I made the changes. I'll see if this does the trick.

Thanks

Ron..

Steve

Marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Steve on May 01, 2017, 07:34:01 AM
Marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)

Seems to be, I was waiting a few days to mark topic solved.

But it's OK.

Thanks..

Advertisement: