News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Last edit behaviour

Started by FragaCampos, May 06, 2017, 10:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

Hi there.

I've seen this somewhere else (don't know where) some time ago and I would like to know if this is possible to do with SMF (or already exists): set a time before starting to appear the "last edit" in forum messages.
For example: I create a topic or a message and, for some reason, I have to edit it right away. In this case, the mod should set a time to inhibit the "last edit" text to appear, say... 60 seconds.

Does anyone else have interest in something like this?

Regards.

Kindred

actually, SMF does this by default...      I think the grace period is about 60 seconds
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

You can set this to the time you would like by going to Admin>Forum> Posts and Topics >Post Settings

Look for Courtesy edit wait time

FragaCampos

Thank you for your answers.

As I see it, the "courtesy edit wait time" option doesn't allow someone to edit its message during X seconds, but what I'm requesting is a bit different.
I would like to allow everyone to edit, but not to show the "last edit" message if that happens right after posting.

FragaCampos

Ok, forget it. :P

I tested the "courtesy edit wait time" as it should and it really does what I'm asking here.
I don't know if it's something recent in SMF, but I never saw that option.  :-[

Thank you very much for your help!

Kindred

no...  that has been there since 1.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: