News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Critical Error!

Started by atsuyim, May 06, 2017, 10:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atsuyim

Installing failed on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
This is what i see

http://imgur.com/UsrGGKu
mysql --version

http://imgur.com/P2lplZ0
My php version is

PHP 5.6.30-10+deb.sury.org~xenial+2 (cli)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

Can anyone help me?
Like mathematics, computer science will be somewhat different from the other sciences, in that it deals with artificial laws that can be proved, instead of natural laws that are never known with certainty.

– Donald Knuth

atsuyim

i am trying every possible solution but i am missing something here  :'(
Like mathematics, computer science will be somewhat different from the other sciences, in that it deals with artificial laws that can be proved, instead of natural laws that are never known with certainty.

– Donald Knuth

Kindred

that error is what we see when someone tries to install on php v7

so, either your php version is being misreported or you don't actually have database support installed into the php handlers
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

atsuyim

@Kindred would you please please please help me out sorting out this problem. I am not sure what i should do next! You are my only hope....

– Donald Knuth

Illori

did you build php with mysql support or mysqli support? SMF does not currently support mysqli.

atsuyim

@Illori i just use this command to install mysql

sudo apt-get install mysql-server

and about the php since ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS comes in default with php v7 i removed it and installed this

PHP 5.6.30-10+deb.sury.org~xenial+2 (cli)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

– Donald Knuth

Illori

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/What_is_a_phpinfo()_file and take a look at what is going on. at this point it is a server issue and you would get better help on a server forum then here. also if you dont know how to secure a server from hacking etc i would not suggest you host your own forum.

atsuyim

@Illori  i am looking at it now and it looks normal in my php info. What exactly do you want me to look at?

– Donald Knuth

Illori

the mysql that is loaded. but really at this point since we dont support server configs you need to take your phpinfo and go to a server support forum to figure out why mysql is not being detected.

Arantor

Is there a section entitled 'mysql' or not? Because from what I've seen in this thread, PHP is loaded, the MySQL server is loaded but the library that lets PHP talk to MySQL is probably not.

(apt-get install php5-mysql)

Alain Rheault

BTW .... I had a lot of trouble witch my forum  ( SMF ) when Host Papa upgrade my server to version 7  off  php .

and it was just al yhat ... The forum part was not abble to manage my  MySQL 

So they show me how to go back to  php 5.6  ... and every tink is now  Perfect ! 

But i had  à Blackout of the forum for near 24 hrs ... and  a couple of flaw in the speed for 1 to 2 weeks ...

Seam that  SMF  and MySQL do not wrok with the brand new version of php 7.0 

Arantor

That's because the library 2.0.13 uses to talk to MySQL doesn't exist in PHP 7 and will be fixed in 2.0.14.

atsuyim

Quote from: Arantor on May 07, 2017, 10:19:03 AM
Is there a section entitled 'mysql' or not? Because from what I've seen in this thread, PHP is loaded, the MySQL server is loaded but the library that lets PHP talk to MySQL is probably not.

(apt-get install php5-mysql)

This solved my problem. Thanks a lot my mentor....

– Donald Knuth

Advertisement: