News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

8: Undefined index: host

Started by AlexHPT, May 08, 2017, 02:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexHPT

Hi there,

I was recently given control of a website and forum. Sometime this weekend whenever I try and access my forum I get the message 8: Undefined index: host /home/.../public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php

The 1923 line is:   
      if (preg_match('~^\d{1,3}(\.\d{1,3}){3}$~', $parsed_url['host']) == 0 && preg_match('~(?:[^\.]+\.)?([^\.]{2,}\..+)\z~i', $parsed_url['host'], $parts) == 1)
         @ini_set('session.cookie_domain', '.' . $parts[1]);

I'm not quite sure what to do, any direction would be appreciated!

Illori

if you are actually using SMF 1.1 you should be planning to upgrade to SMF 2.0 as SMF 1.1.* is basically no longer receiving support. when you upgrade it should resolve the issue at hand.

AlexHPT

The forum is SMF 1.1.6 . The issue I had with upgrading was continuing the use of my theme I had. It wasn't originally my website, so I didn't want to change to much. I'll be looking into how to upgrade it for today. Is there any fix I can try and figure out so I can have my forums online before I upgrade?

Thanks!

Kindred

well, even aside form upgrading to 2.0.x -- 1.1.6 is 15 revisions behind (including MANY security releases)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

You'll have to upgrade to 1.1.21, make sure it works, then upgrade to 2.0.13.  You should be able to find a 2.0 theme that's close to what you have now.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: