News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

So now how can i achieve this?

Started by atsuyim, May 09, 2017, 07:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atsuyim

I like to play around SMF cause without it i wound be learning anything new. So this morning after i woke up suddenly thinking is it possible to remove all this thing

I want to keep only this

and ofcourse the footer. That way it looks need and clean. I did try to remove some of it but i wasn't able to do it completely. Which file's should i edit and what should i comment out or remove from it?
Like mathematics, computer science will be somewhat different from the other sciences, in that it deals with artificial laws that can be proved, instead of natural laws that are never known with certainty.

– Donald Knuth

Arantor

Well, you can edit your theme's index.template.php file but losing access to the menu would make it harder to use...

Kindred

There is a setting to turn off the quick login (At the top of the screen)

Do note that changing the footer to remove or alter the copyright means that to won't receive support here... and removing or altering the copyright on sone mods is not allowed at all
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

atsuyim

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2017, 08:57:45 AM
Well, you can edit your theme's index.template.php file but losing access to the menu would make it harder to use...

Thank you i will try it out. and i will update here if anything goes wrong.

Quote from: Kindred on May 09, 2017, 10:32:52 AM
There is a setting to turn off the quick login (At the top of the screen)

Do note that changing the footer to remove or alter the copyright means that to won't receive support here... and removing or altering the copyright on sone mods is not allowed at all

This is for my experimental purpose, doing this does not mean i am against the copyright law but as you all can see that i am hosting locally to try out each and everything. To get the entire glimpse of SMF.
Like mathematics, computer science will be somewhat different from the other sciences, in that it deals with artificial laws that can be proved, instead of natural laws that are never known with certainty.

– Donald Knuth

Advertisement: