Do i really need this wav file?

Started by atsuyim, May 09, 2017, 08:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atsuyim

i can see some .wav file on my SMF deafult dir. And i am thinking of removing this. Will it effect my forum if i remove this file which is located in

root@atsuyim:/var/www/html/Themes/default/fonts/sound# ls -la
total 184
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May  8 17:58 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 May  8 17:58 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3904 May  8 17:58 a.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4684 May  8 17:58 b.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4472 May  8 17:58 c.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4520 May  8 17:58 d.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4026 May  8 17:58 e.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3978 May  8 17:58 f.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5086 May  8 17:58 g.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4614 May  8 17:58 h.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3978 May  8 17:58 i.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  217 May  8 17:58 index.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5650 May  8 17:58 j.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5438 May  8 17:58 k.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4144 May  8 17:58 l.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3978 May  8 17:58 m.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3714 May  8 17:58 n.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3836 May  8 17:58 o.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3508 May  8 17:58 p.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4614 May  8 17:58 q.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4190 May  8 17:58 r.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May  8 17:58 s.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4402 May  8 17:58 t.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4402 May  8 17:58 u.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5344 May  8 17:58 v.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6946 May  8 17:58 w.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4426 May  8 17:58 x.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5204 May  8 17:58 y.english.wav
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5274 May  8 17:58 z.english.wav

What those this wav file does?
Like mathematics, computer science will be somewhat different from the other sciences, in that it deals with artificial laws that can be proved, instead of natural laws that are never known with certainty.

– Donald Knuth

Illori

if you remove those the audio CAPTCHA will no longer work.

atsuyim

@Illori ok i see so this a audio CAPTCHA. So i want to remove this and also the audio CAPTCHA function from my SMF forum how can i achieve this?
Like mathematics, computer science will be somewhat different from the other sciences, in that it deals with artificial laws that can be proved, instead of natural laws that are never known with certainty.

– Donald Knuth

Illori

why do you want to? it is a useful feature to have.

Kindred

Removing the,audio captcha may actually violate accessibility laws in your country
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

atsuyim

Quote from: Illori on May 09, 2017, 08:38:40 AM
why do you want to? it is a useful feature to have.

It's an experiment and i am not hosting this forum, cause it's all done locally. I just wanted to know how can i achieve this.

Quote from: Kindred on May 09, 2017, 10:28:06 AM
Removing the,audio captcha may actually violate accessibility laws in your country

I am aware of that @Kindred but whatever i do and ask here is only for experimental purpose and nothing else.

– Donald Knuth

Arantor

And learning how to remove bits randomly actually teaches you very little about how any of it works.

atsuyim

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2017, 12:49:54 PM
And learning how to remove bits randomly actually teaches you very little about how any of it works.

You might be right in your own way but I just don't want a audio CAPTCHA cause i feel like anyone who is browsing only for invited members won't be needing such kind of functional not to mention it's an audio file and not some kind of new coins created out of blockchain. In short i just don't like having an audio CAPTCHA.

– Donald Knuth

Illori

then dont use the CAPTCHA at all and then you dont need to worry about it.

atsuyim

Quote from: Illori on May 09, 2017, 12:58:40 PM
then dont use the CAPTCHA at all and then you dont need to worry about it.

Can it be disable?

– Donald Knuth

Illori

Arantor

This seems to me to be less about 'learning SMF' and more about 'how do I make SMF like I want', interesting.

atsuyim

Quote from: Illori on May 09, 2017, 01:19:29 PM
yes in the admin panel.

Thanks got it https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=503974.0 also removed all the damn audio

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2017, 01:27:40 PM
This seems to me to be less about 'learning SMF' and more about 'how do I make SMF like I want', interesting.

LOL hahahhaaa like you could have said use laravel and build yourself a forum instead of using SMF   ;D a good point indeed  ???

– Donald Knuth

Arantor

I've just been here long enough to be very cynical about people who claim to want to learn SMF and instead want to just have the forum their own way, invariably breaking things along the way when they insist they are right and their desires supersede anything else - and then expect the people here to fix it. Seen it so many times that I'm automatically suspicious.

Especially speaking as someone that wrote dozens of mods, and was at one point on the SMF dev team, and thus could claim to have learned SMF...

atsuyim

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2017, 01:41:05 PM
I've just been here long enough to be very cynical about people who claim to want to learn SMF and instead want to just have the forum their own way, invariably breaking things along the way when they insist they are right and their desires supersede anything else - and then expect the people here to fix it. Seen it so many times that I'm automatically suspicious.

Especially speaking as someone that wrote dozens of mods, and was at one point on the SMF dev team, and thus could claim to have learned SMF...

You are just being way too much paranoid about SMF and all this digital life my friend. You really need some time off with AFK for some months. I hope i didn't offended you by saying all this. But again you really need to get out of your room and smoke some weed up, it's makes me fly literally i swear not sure about many people  :)

– Donald Knuth

Arantor

QuoteYou really need some time off with AFK for some months. I hope i didn't offended you by saying all this.

I spent most of the last two years away from this place. Little changed in that time. (I've been here a long time.)

No offense taken, just that experience has shown that it's usually a correct observation. Especially when someone goes out of their way to deflect the observation... :whistle:

QuoteBut again you really need to get out of your room and smoke some weed up, it's makes me fly literally i swear not sure about many people 

Given that 1) it's not legal here in the UK and 2) I have a history of depression such that mind-altering substances are probably a bad idea, I think I'll give it a miss.

atsuyim

I spent most of the last two years away from this place. Little changed in that time. (I've been here a long time.)

I thought you have been here meaning here in this forum, sorry my bad and you know that ENGLISH isn't my official language so.

QuoteNo offense taken,
Thank you.....

Given that 1) it's not legal here in the UK and 2) I have a history of depression such that mind-altering substances are probably a bad idea, I think I'll give it a miss.

Aaaaaaaaaarrrggggggg man. Weed is life but i think it wasn't meant for you  :(  damn i couldn't even imagine my life without it  ;D really feeling sad for you my man....

– Donald Knuth

Advertisement: