Changing code for the "layout" of membergroups

Started by showngo, May 09, 2017, 02:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

showngo

On this "Addition membergroup" mod   https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=519304.160

The membergroups are listing vertically in a row.  I am attempting to have them in groups of two or three before it starts the next row.
With over 20 "member groups"  the list can be long and creates a lot of space between the posts.

Any help with understanding how to change the code to group these better would be greatly appreciated and go a long way in understanding changes down the road.

Kindred

I don't think it's a simple change.... iirc, the membergroup list uses the generic "display a list" function which is used in many places....   which means that you would have to take into account all of the places it is used and then rewrite and configure it to be useful in the new design... in all of those places
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I think he's referring to it actually in posts rather than the management area. Clarification would be good.

showngo

The "list" now is in a row.    Before, we had a theme that was supported with "Stars and badges", even at that time an old member modified the code so that the list was three in a row, then the next three, and so on.

Installing the new theme, stars and badges would not work so I installed additional member groups.  I got the list back but no longer in the "3" format and I honestly have no clue on how he changed it.   The difference in the two modifications might be light years apart.

Thanks in advance for any help, insight , and input.

Arantor

Arantor

Bit hard to look at the post view without the forum being open to guests...

showngo

Quote from: Arantor on May 11, 2017, 07:50:01 AM
Bit hard to look at the post view without the forum being open to guests...

496726 Posts in 31757 Topics by 29094 Members, they like it not open , I need to please the mass's  but thanks for the input.  I will just leave it as it is until someone can contact the guy who changes the code before.

Arantor

Honestly, I can do it just fine - it's probably two lines of CSS to put in your theme's CSS, and it would probably take me 15 minutes to check the code I have in mind.

I'm just not willing to make an account on a forum I have no interest in, but if you can make a test account and shoot me the details in PM, I'll work out the code for you.

showngo

I can do that.  It will be a few days, ontop of this i work the rotating 12hr nights.    Im on my long week now.

Advertisement: